BOX1

lets see them tow rigs

BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
Passes everything except the gas station...... Love it!

Reactions: swsebek
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
C9d845bd0258f577af42e34cf7cc6d91

2015.5 duramax. Had to upgrade from my 250 to pull our toyhauler. Now considering selling truck and trailer and getting a motorhome so I can drive a cheap small truck or car.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
1998 dodge Cummins 12valve.(not 98.5 24v!) 12v has no electronics to fail and is the most dependable motor on the planet being the number one transplant motor for any truck. She's only got 376,000 motor never apart not even head gasket. Same motor that powers our 40,000 pound converted school bus with 315,000 never been apart either. both bus and truck have around 675ft/lb. and will i do it for another million miles. Truck gets 21 pulling bus gets 12 average neither have plugs whether spark plugs or glow plugs. Several of these have over 3 million miles.
Cummins run like clocks always have no head gaskets,studs,injectors,glow plugs,oil issues,turbos out,broken manifolds,engine controls,electronics...nothing.
Not too many people can have combined 1,000,000 on three American vehicles for camping (I drive bus wife drives truck anyone dives 92) and fully trust them. Didn't want red(hate red) and I'm a painter but leaving it seems God wants me in red. Image Image

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 LongBox HD
6 Liter, Dbl cab.....

20160214 130946 20150717 185625

Last edited:
spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
07 6.0 only cost $7000 in motor work to get it to 110000 miles. crap motor. but its nicely appointed and paid for. I would have a Toyota or preferably Nissan if they made one I could put a 5000 pound camper on. this one does the job well and works really hard doing it. the problem is you always wonder if your going to have to be towed home.
before it blew the head gaskets I remember spend one day driving across Wyoming at full throttle fighting a head wind just wondering when it was going to give up. that can completely ruin a trip. it has all of the aftermarket built proof goody's in it now. I would like to tell you I don't worry any more but that would be a lie. I just worry a little less

SAM 1066

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's a very nice setup @JACKAL. Having that kind of money in a rig you're not really concerned with something breaking down.:) some of us our less fortunate and have to worry:-( dammit that's pretty though! How in the hell do you possibly keep black that clean???

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That's a very nice setup @JACKAL. Having that kind of money in a rig you're not really concerned with something breaking down.:) some of us our less fortunate and have to worry:-( dammit that's pretty though! How in the hell do you possibly keep black that clean???
Thanks, but up until about 6 years ago I couldn't even afford a rig that would break down. Just a flat bed trailer and a 15 yr old pickup and one or sometime two Honda Fourtrax that run forever, but I have been very fortunate. I would have been happy sleeping in an enclosed trailer but wanted the wife to go along so she wasn't much on "roughing it" and having her on board with having a few nice things makes it nice to enjoy ourselves away from home for extended periods. I've got 5 days left to work and I will be retired, she retired the end of March and we are looking to capitalize on our investment, going abroad riding our SXS and sightseeing the country.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks, but up until about 6 years ago I couldn't even afford a rig that would break down. Just a flat bed trailer and a 15 yr old pickup and one or sometime two Honda Fourtrax that run forever, but I have been very fortunate. I would have been happy sleeping in an enclosed trailer but wanted the wife to go along so she wasn't much on "roughing it" and having her on board with having a few nice things makes it nice to enjoy ourselves away from home for extended periods. I've got 5 days left to work and I will be retired, she retired the end of March and we are looking to capitalize on our investment, going abroad riding our SXS and sightseeing the country.
5 days????? Show off:) you ever considered seeing the west coast? Were only inland by a bit. I can find somewhere clean for that black rig:):) seriously if you make it this way you had better say hi. We are only limited to weekends but will usually make everyone from February-December lots of beautiful areas up here you sometimes feel lost till you look over and see God sometimes. Love to have a beer with you someday soon! And btw were probably about 10yrs from that and unless anything drastic changes that's our plan as well. I'm very happy with living in the inland northwest but my wife and I have had to work so hard to be where we are that we've never taken more then a four day vacation as I only actually am able to take 3days a year off a year because no one can fill in for me so I cash in the rest. We don't make it far but often. That's our retirement plan as well. Enjoy your time out there it is an incredible country we live in have fun you'll be living the life many of us hope for and I can't wait to meet you guys even if I have to track your big ass down someday myself!!

Last edited:
Reactions: JACKAL and nbomar
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
5 days????? Show off:) you ever considered seeing the west coast? Were only inland by a bit. I can find somewhere clean for that black rig:):) seriously if you make it this way you had better say hi. We are only limited to weekends but will usually make everyone from February-December lots of beautiful areas up here you sometimes feel lost till you look over and see God sometimes. Love to have a beer with you someday soon! And btw were probably about 10yrs from that and unless anything drastic changes that's our plan as well. I'm very happy with living in the inland northwest but my wife and I have had to work so hard to be where we are that we've never taken more then a four day vacation as I only actually am able to take 3days a year off a year because no one can fill in for me so I cash in the rest. We don't make it far but often. That's our retirement plan as well. Enjoy your time out there it is an incredible country we live in have fun you'll be living the life many of us hope for and I can't wait to meet you guys even if I have to track your big ass down someday myself!!

I'll make it out that way, gotta plan an pre run for the 2018 Group Ride out West ;) or the 2020 group ride in Alaska ;);). Seriously though Winchester Bay Oregon is on my bucket list as well as a month in Alaska, seen and heard of a few places in Montana & Wyoming, and lots of nice pics from Idaho. Can't do it all at once or constantly but plan on making 3 or 4 nice rounds a year once settled in TN. (got to get our place built and moved in while selling our IL home so 2016 is shot LOL) so much for liesurely retirement. :D

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'll make it out that way, gotta plan an pre run for the 2018 Group Ride out West ;) or the 2020 group ride in Alaska ;);). Seriously though Winchester Bay Oregon is on my bucket list as well as a month in Alaska, seen and heard of a few places in Montana & Wyoming, and lots of nice pics from Idaho. Can't do it all at once or constantly but plan on making 3 or 4 nice rounds a year once settled in TN. (got to get our place built and moved in while selling our IL home so 2016 is shot LOL) so much for liesurely retirement. :D
As soon as you can make it this way we'll try to meet you somewhere. Hopefully we could get a few around. It sucks everyone is that side of the country.

Reactions: Tflynn
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!