Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I was gonna turn it into mail box but silly rednecks would totally pull a drive bye on it lol

Way off topic but I went through an episode of that crap after 4 months and 6 mailboxes meeting the ball bat from the drive by pickup bed I had enough. I welded up a mailbox from 1/4' plate done it real nice so it looked exactly like what they had been wailing on nearly every weekend. Then I welded it to the end of a 12 foot section of 6" oil filed casing driving it 9 feet down into the shoulder with the backhoe. To say I peed myself when I heard the clang is an understatement, when they came back around to drive over the pole with the truck. the result was like the below picture except it was a 3/4 ton truck pointing up un the air and they couldn't get off of it. Lets say no one called the police and that pickup didn't have much of a bed left from the backhoe by the time they could get free from it :)

Ngbbs4075cac9b2658

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Way off topic but I went through an episode of that crap after 4 months and 6 mailboxes meeting the ball bat from the drive by pickup bed I had enough. I welded up a mailbox from 1/4' plate done it real nice so it looked exactly like what they had been wailing on nearly every weekend. Then I welded it to the end of a 12 foot section of 6" oil filed casing driving it 9 feet down into the shoulder with the backhoe. To say I peed myself when I heard the clang is an understatement, when they came back around to drive over the pole with the truck. the result was like the below picture except it was a 3/4 ton truck pointing up un the air and they couldn't get off of it. Lets say no one called the police and that pickup didn't have much of a bed left from the backhoe by the time they could get free from it :)

Ngbbs4075cac9b2658

Did something similar the but the bat came back and broke the rear window, then they were pissed and tried to pull it over with a chain and ended up leaving the bumper.

That was a fun call to the police, cop was laughing his butt off when we showed him the bumper still chained to the mail box pole.

Reactions: moparornocar
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@spifyd Nice setup!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@ksss Nice setup! Thanks for sharing. :cool:

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Where is that picture taken @ksss ?

advertisement
ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
Where is that picture taken @ksss ?

It is just below Palisades Dam in Eastern Idaho, about 20 miles from the Wyoming border. Great area, the Snake river is about 70 yards behind the TH. Some great trail riding in the area. It is about 40 minutes from my house, so it is kind of our "go to" camping area.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks beautiful!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We camp most of the year round and have lots of people that come up with us. We originally owned a 30ft motorhome but we put 5000 miles a year on it it was a big block dodge built but still didn't have the power we wanted and at 4-5mpg I got sick of it. We kept having problems with the roof leaking under snow load the 30 mile dirt roads were hard on it(rarely do we park in a campground) and we couldn't get everyone or everything with us. I decided we needed better. I'm in autobody and have done lots of weird projects and not afraid of anything. Decided we needed dependability mileage great brakes(air) a roof that will never leak and ground clearance....school bus. Safest most solid thing it there. I want it to last. We then converted a school bus as a toy hauler because it's a 12v Cummins with Allison transmission (at 45k pounds and 345k miles it's never had motor apart and gets 12-13 mpg with no roof leaks ever! You can't do that with anything else) I'm very particular and people say I'm stubborn but I don't like buying problems so we started. All water lines go to one spot(so no blowing lines out just pull a lever) instant water heater 230fresh water 160black grey can empty out the side. Outdoor shower hose hookup outside 3hp air compressor (factory but auto hose real outside) hydraulic connection for the log splitter 55gal onboard fuel station with pump for the toys built in full snap on tool box( for the Polaris or American vehicles:)) multiple on board inverters can even run micro or ac off the batteries 100gallon fuel tank(minimum of 1200mile range) 60 gallon propane 4 8d deep cycles 650watt solar on the roof super efficient blue flame forced air led lighting through out infinity sound system 550watts with 6 6.6 marine and a bass box that opens to the outside propane plugs for multiple grills or outdoor heating wifi hotspot. All windows are duel pane gas filled and everything is insulated super well including spray foam in any gap not one nail or staple to fall out all gas water and electric lines are bracketed every foot and spray foam so no leaks ever. It'll never fail but if it were to it has multiple redundant systems in place. Auto chains and sanders if snow or ice. Sleeps 11 9 dirt bikes load directly into the interior which is important because that's our passion we have many extras to come up with. We have outdoor led movie and game system three led pull out screens inside gas fireplace huge outdoor lighting all the way around party neon and led lights that go to the music can power 30ft awning with auto wind/rain sensors and multi color led strip both sown in the end and pleased against the vehicle. Power steps for 3 of the 4 out doors (we wanted plenty of doors as there is always someone going to the bathroom or storing kids and dogs inside. We can legally pull 25k. Everything is controlled remotely via wifi directly from the iPhone. Multiple fingerprint gun cabinets everything is designed for family so little kids can't possibly do anything they shouldn't. No carpet or fabric to worry that friends or dogs will get dirty. With this bus it's been possible for us to camp 25-35 weekends a year not days but weekends. Other then fuel we can camp all year without any worry of shore power or refills of propane. She only goes through 1.5gal of propane a weekend and that's not being careful as everyone uses our out door plugs. If the world was to end we figure we could very comfortably live in it for 1.5 years if everything was filled and we wouldn't need a generator or start the Cummins to do it! Free power is so much better then noise. We did get it stuck one time in over two feet of clay mud(oops too early in the year at the wrong place) but my 92 Cummins with my wife and friend driving helped to pull it to safety. The kicker is I'm only into it 24k and I own it. Purchased the bus originally for 1300.Everything was purchased on eBay. Even the windows. Where else could you get 9 big double pane Windows to your front door for 900? Or a 30ft power awning for 300? People wonder why I always say buy eBay well on the bus sxs Polaris or bikes we have over 700 items bought. Thank god for eBay!!Image

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Very Nice and a School Bus is a bullet proof base to build from plus they are designed to sustain a roll over keeping kids safe. Mad props to all the work you put into it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thank you so much! Not many understand the amount of work over the last couple years to do it especially since at least every other weekend we were camping. NEVER do it again!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very cool! You are a talented individual. I would be super lost just starting this project.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 8654 View attachment 8652 View attachment 8648 View attachment 8651 View attachment 8649 View attachment 8650 View attachment 8635 View attachment 8636 View attachment 8637 View attachment 8639 View attachment 8640 View attachment 8640 View attachment 8641 View attachment 8642 View attachment 8643 View attachment 8644 View attachment 8645 View attachment 8646 View attachment 8647 We camp most of the year round and have lots of people that come up with us. We originally owned a 30ft motorhome but we put 5000 miles a year on it it was a big block dodge built but still didn't have the power we wanted and at 4-5mpg I got sick of it. We kept having problems with the roof leaking under snow load the 30 mile dirt roads were hard on it(rarely do we park in a campground) and we couldn't get everyone or everything with us. I decided we needed better. I'm in autobody and have done lots of weird projects and not afraid of anything. Decided we needed dependability mileage great brakes(air) a roof that will never leak and ground clearance....school bus. Safest most solid thing it there. I want it to last. We then converted a school bus as a toy hauler because it's a 12v Cummins with Allison transmission (at 45k pounds and 345k miles it's never had motor apart and gets 12-13 mpg with no roof leaks ever! You can't do that with anything else) I'm very particular and people say I'm stubborn but I don't like buying problems so we started. All water lines go to one spot(so no blowing lines out just pull a lever) instant water heater 230fresh water 160black grey can empty out the side. Outdoor shower hose hookup outside 3hp air compressor (factory but auto hose real outside) hydraulic connection for the log splitter 55gal onboard fuel station with pump for the toys built in full snap on tool box( for the Polaris or American vehicles:)) multiple on board inverters can even run micro or ac off the batteries 100gallon fuel tank(minimum of 1200mile range) 60 gallon propane 4 8d deep cycles 650watt solar on the roof super efficient blue flame forced air led lighting through out infinity sound system 550watts with 6 6.6 marine and a bass box that opens to the outside propane plugs for multiple grills or outdoor heating wifi hotspot. All windows are duel pane gas filled and everything is insulated super well including spray foam in any gap not one nail or staple to fall out all gas water and electric lines are bracketed every foot and spray foam so no leaks ever. It'll never fail but if it were to it has multiple redundant systems in place. Auto chains and sanders if snow or ice. Sleeps 11 9 dirt bikes load directly into the interior which is important because that's our passion we have many extras to come up with. We have outdoor led movie and game system three led pull out screens inside gas fireplace huge outdoor lighting all the way around party neon and led lights that go to the music can power 30ft awning with auto wind/rain sensors and multi color led strip both sown in the end and pleased against the vehicle. Power steps for 3 of the 4 out doors (we wanted plenty of doors as there is always someone going to the bathroom or storing kids and dogs inside. We can legally pull 25k. Everything is controlled remotely via wifi directly from the iPhone. Multiple fingerprint gun cabinets everything is designed for family so little kids can't possibly do anything they shouldn't. No carpet or fabric to worry that friends or dogs will get dirty. With this bus it's been possible for us to camp 25-35 weekends a year not days but weekends. Other then fuel we can camp all year without any worry of shore power or refills of propane. She only goes through 1.5gal of propane a weekend and that's not being careful as everyone uses our out door plugs. If the world was to end we figure we could very comfortably live in it for 1.5 years if everything was filled and we wouldn't need a generator or start the Cummins to do it! Free power is so much better then noise. We did get it stuck one time in over two feet of clay mud(oops too early in the year at the wrong place) but my 92 Cummins with my wife and friend driving helped to pull it to safety. The kicker is I'm only into it 24k and I own it. Purchased the bus originally for 1300.Everything was purchased on eBay. Even the windows. Where else could you get 9 big double pane Windows to your front door for 900? Or a 30ft power awning for 300? People wonder why I always say buy eBay well on the bus sxs Polaris or bikes we have over 700 items bought. Thank god for eBay!!View attachment 8638
so when can I expect delivery of bad a$$ bus number two?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If I can retire off another I'd do it. It'll be way better without some of the redos. Hook me up and I swear it's on the way:) :)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!