BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Houston, we have a problem. I just put Fox Shocks and new tires and wheels on my P-1000-5. The tires 28" but measure about 28.5". From all the posts I read on here, they should be fine without lifting or arched A-Arms. But, when I went to load it this morning to head to the take over I found they do rub when turned hard over. So, my questions is: What is the easiest/ quickest fix? I'm thinking a hi-lifter or similar lift kit. I don't want to add spacers to the shocks if at all possible. Any suggestions on a brand or specific part number for a kit that is just brackets etc?? What ever I get, I have to order today and ship it overnight out ahead of me. Will be in Dayton tomorrow, so can receive something there. Help!!

Reactions: BWAF
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Dont think a lift will fix it, I think your only option is forward a arms... but i could be wrong.

mine are about the same measurements and they rubbed with the HL lift kit turning hard left under compression. Had to do forward a arms to fix it.

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was hoping that would not be the case. I did see on the Honda SXS FB page, someone had a Hi-lifter kit and a-arms for sale. I'll pursue that unless someone else has any better ideas...

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
its ride-able like it is, so dont worry for takeover. Just be aware in technical sections when turning hard to go slow. I rode mine in WV like that and was fine.

Going with a-arms, superATV seems to be the way to go unless you want built in lift, then CFAB.

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
its ride-able like it is, so dont worry for takeover. Just be aware in technical sections when turning hard to go slow. I rode mine in WV like that and was fine.

Going with a-arms, superATV seems to be the way to go unless you want built in lift, then CFAB.
I'll have to do something, the rub is the tire catching on the bottom edge of the fender flares. Don't want to bust them up. I can get by with just arms and no lift?

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes you can get by with just the super atv a arms

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Houston, we have a problem. I just put Fox Shocks and new tires and wheels on my P-1000-5. The tires 28" but measure about 28.5". From all the posts I read on here, they should be fine without lifting or arched A-Arms. But, when I went to load it this morning to head to the take over I found they do rub when turned hard over. So, my questions is: What is the easiest/ quickest fix? I'm thinking a hi-lifter or similar lift kit. I don't want to add spacers to the shocks if at all possible. Any suggestions on a brand or specific part number for a kit that is just brackets etc?? What ever I get, I have to order today and ship it overnight out ahead of me. Will be in Dayton tomorrow, so can receive something there. Help!!
What's your wheel offset ?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry, been driving, heading to P/T. 4-3 offset
Would love to be heading that way .I ask wheel offset because I have a set of 235-75r 15 That measure 28.5 i went 5x2 hoping if the center wasn't to far out from ball joint they wouldn't rub ?

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would love to be heading that way .I ask wheel offset because I have a set of 235-75r 15 That measure 28.5 i went 5x2 hoping if the center wasn't to far out from ball joint they wouldn't rub ?

It's really close to clearing. The tires I bought are really square edged. If they were rounded off like the Bighorns, they'd be fine. I hooked up with someone that is coming to Takeover and bought a hi-lifter block kit and arched a-arms from them. Quick install (hopefully) at the Takeover and I should be good to go.....

advertisement
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's really close to clearing. The tires I bought are really square edged. If they were rounded off like the Bighorns, they'd be fine. I hooked up with someone that is coming to Takeover and bought a hi-lifter block kit and arched a-arms from them. Quick install (hopefully) at the Takeover and I should be good to go.....
Have a great time

zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If the ball joints are already installed you could do it in a couple hrs. Otherwise you're going to need a balljoint removal tool.

Reactions: ohanacreek and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!