pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am going to get a lift is there any coupons or discounts for either High Lifter or C-Fab lifts out there and which one should I get they look close to the same just the price. Thinking on a spring spacer I have a spacer on the front not sure on the size for the rear All info is welcome
Paul

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see a good price every now and then for the HL lift. I've been happy with mine but I'm sure the others are good too. I was amazed at how much clearance I got from spring spacers. I gained 2.25" at both ends. Mine is sitting as high as I want to go.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size pipe and how long did you make the rear spacers I would just as soon use spacers then a lift

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size pipe and how long did you make the rear spacers I would just as soon use spacers then a lift
@drfubar will have to chime in. I got shocks from him. I know they're 3/4" spacers.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How hard are the spring spacers to put on and what are you using to compress the spring to get the spacers on

Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How hard are the spring spacers to put on and what are you using to compress the spring to get the spacers on
Very easy. I used a couple of ratchet straps and my receiver hitch on my truck. Slide the shock assembly into the receiver hitch use a ratchet strap on opposite sides of the spring. Compress the spring enough to get the retainer off, slide the spacer on, put the retainer back on and release the straps... Just be careful with the spring. It contains a lot of energy. Take it slow and compress the spring as evenly as possible.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is how @GlockMeister did his in a vise.
40761 f43990bbedb90a6cb8ce1574a077c4ec

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are many ways to compress springs on shocks. Just please be careful because it is like looking down a loaded gun with a finger on the trigger. The size of these springs aren't as bad as the larger springs but just as dangerous I don't want to see anyone get I had a friend that was killed years ago when a safety ring blew off a truck wheel he was working on

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!