P1000 Lift vs Stiffness?

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have the C-Fab A-Arms with 3in lift built in. I also have the 2.5in High Lifter lift.

It's all off the SXS at this time the C-fab is a must. But the question is this. My wife will be driving this 90% of the time so I don't want it too stiff.

Is the lifts really adding stiffness if so what is you opinion should I just do the C-Fab and hold off on the 2.5in for now or is the 2.5in not going to make it that more stiff?

I know if I had spring spacers is would be more stiff but I don't see how this adds that much besides shock angle.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
It stiffened the ride quite a bit but I personally like it I don't feel the bumps nearly as bad.

We're the cfab arms worth the $$$ and which ball joints did you go with? I want to convince my wife they are worth the price I need some testimonials to help my case.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It stiffened the ride quite a bit but I personally like it I don't feel the bumps nearly as bad.

We're the cfab arms worth the $$$ and which ball joints did you go with? I want to convince my wife they are worth the price I need some testimonials to help my case.

Just wrote a review hope it helps.

P1000 - C-Fab lift Review.

Reactions: Isaiah
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone else I know some of you are big into Shocks and springs and may have some good info.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5

If its more stiff you should feel the bumps more right I don't understand this. Sorry it just maybe me looking at it wrong.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Can you combine both of those lift kits and keep the CV’s from binding? I’m running a CATVOS 3” arched A-arms up front and the CVs will just start to bump like they are about to bind. I know I could not run anymore lift.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you combine both of those lift kits and keep the CV’s from binding? I’m running a CATVOS 3” arched A-arms up front and the CVs will just start to bump like they are about to bind. I know I could not run anymore lift.

The guy that makes the lift said he has had no problems with anyone breaking a axle with just his lift.

Then I called him and asked him if I could use the 2.5 High Lifter lift also he said I could but he did have one guy break an axle but it was one of them been out riding all night drinking and the guy told him something had to give. BUT it had happened.

I don't feel it that bad of a bind

IMG 3431 zps1xvdixmo
IMG 3429 zpslwqztxfi

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Until you posted them pics I thought you were nuts. But I see now and that thing looks great.
Them axles do look steep. Wish they were red??

J

JTW

I wouldn’t add the HL if I were you.. I think it will give you trouble with the lifted a arms... I love my HL lift but I don’t think it’s for you with your setup.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have the C-Fab A-Arms with 3in lift built in. I also have the 2.5in High Lifter lift.

It's all off the SXS at this time the C-fab is a must. But the question is this. My wife will be driving this 90% of the time so I don't want it too stiff.

Is the lifts really adding stiffness if so what is you opinion should I just do the C-Fab and hold off on the 2.5in for now or is the 2.5in not going to make it that more stiff?

I know if I had spring spacers is would be more stiff but I don't see how this adds that much besides shock angle.

High lifter shifts the shock angle and makes it more stiff because the leverage the suspension has on the shock/spring is less so it rides stiffer.

A “spacer lift” compresses the softer rate portion of the dual rate spring and makes it ride rougher.

The best way to lift it is by moving the shock mounting point inline with the factory location. 1” of shift should give you about 2” of lift, you still retain stock ride quality.

Ea6b4fd7912a3fc8c40f126ea51b91d9

This was 4” of lift on my 700, I was pushing the limits of droop on the axles.
I moved the bottom of the shock “slightly” inboard to keep the lift from flipping outward and screwing stuff up.

advertisement
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
High lifter shifts the shock angle and makes it more stiff because the leverage the suspension has on the shock/spring is less so it rides stiffer.

A “spacer lift” compresses the softer rate portion of the dual rate spring and makes it ride rougher.

The best way to lift it is by moving the shock mounting point inline with the factory location. 1” of shift should give you about 2” of lift, you still retain stock ride quality.

View attachment 60613

This was 4” of lift on my 700, I was pushing the limits of droop on the axles.
I moved the bottom of the shock “slightly” inboard to keep the lift from flipping outward and screwing stuff up.

Yes, this is how C-fab did it.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
You would have to ride mine to understand I used to get jarred around on big bumps killing my back with the HL lift the same dips in the road don't feel as rough. The first day with the lift I live near washed out lime rock roads the same wash outs I used to have to brake for because of how rough they were I hit them now and inside the cab you don't feel it nearly as bad, I ran up on one at speed I told my wife hold on this is going to hurt we hit it barely felt anything my wife commented that wasn't nearly as rough as it used to be pre-lift.

Reactions: Bradley-Thornton
D

DDDonkey

The guy that makes the lift said he has had no problems with anyone breaking a axle with just his lift.

Then I called him and asked him if I could use the 2.5 High Lifter lift also he said I could but he did have one guy break an axle but it was one of them been out riding all night drinking and the guy told him something had to give. BUT it had happened.

View attachment 60605
View attachment 60606
Off topic but how is the power loss with your set up, and what is the top speed now. Thanks!

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Off topic but how is the power loss with your set up, and what is the top speed now. Thanks!

Not sure top speed not my thing. I'm not at home but may try it when I get home in a few weeks.

To me it still has a ton of power I got in some bad mud and it still turned them no problem. It has a little less gear at take off so it isn't as torque but I like that. To me it tamed the beast a little and now I'm not scared to give it gas and trough the kids out the back. To me its just right and the wife likes it better now from that point and she's the main driver.

Reactions: pct
D

DDDonkey

Thanks for the reply, I know what you mean this thing spins the tires with no issues on the road. I was asking because I do drive mine on the road and going to put a larger tire on it. Thanks again!

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 60605
View attachment 60606
Man that looks Bad Ass!!!
Would like to see side profile pic too if you have one.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: pct
C

Cooterbob

Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wouldn’t add the HL if I were you.. I think it will give you trouble with the lifted a arms... I love my HL lift but I don’t think it’s for you with your setup.
Did your HL lift stiffen your ride up too much? I want to get one but when I put one on my teryx it stiffened it up so much it beat me to death . I like how the 1000le handles and I don't want to ruin it.thanks

J

JTW

Did your HL lift stiffen your ride up too much? I want to get one but when I put one on my teryx it stiffened it up so much it beat me to death . I like how the 1000le handles and I don't want to ruin it.thanks
I like the stiffer feeling.. I can’t say it so too much.. but to each there own. If you have an LE you can just adjust the preload on the Fox shocks to your liking. I’m running 1.5 inches of preload on the front and 3/4” on the rear with the HL lift.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!