P1000 Light Bar Mounting

D

Dasmoeturhead

I ordered a 32" curved lights for the P1.
I plan on mounting it on the forward part of the Honda roof. My question is for those who have mounted a light on the roof is; how did you run the power wires to the inside of the cab? Did you drill a,hole next to the light in the roof, and then seal the hole or what? Thx

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did mine the lazy way and ran them between seal for windshield and rollbar (on inside of rollbar). Hit several branches with it with no snags.

D

Dasmoeturhead

Ok, I get that, but what about the wire off the light? Did you just run it over the top of the roof, and then down to the windshield? Not sure I like the wire running over the lip of the roof.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok, I get that, but what about the wire off the light? Did you just run it over the top of the roof, and then down to the windshield? Not sure I like the wire running over the lip of the roof.

Oh I get what you're saying. It wouldn't bother me to drill a hole the perfect size where the wire was a tight fit. A dab of silicone would make sure it doesn't drip on you.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I went between top of windshield and roof. Are you putting yours above the roof? Maybe that's where we are getting our wires crossed (pun intended). Mine was underneath the front lip.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

No I went between top of windshield and roof. Are you putting yours above the roof? Maybe that's where we are getting our wires crossed (pun intended). Mine was underneath the front lip.
I think he's talking about ON the roof.. that's how I took it anyway.
To the OP.. I personally wouldn't mount mine on the roof.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Me either but that's just me. That lip is a good safe place.

Reactions: JTW
D

Dasmoeturhead

Oh I get what you're saying. It wouldn't bother me to drill a hole the perfect size where the wire was a tight fit. A dab of silicone would make sure it doesn't drip on you.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. The lightbar won't be mounted to the top of the roof, but rather on the sloping forward facing edge on the roof.

J

JTW

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. The lightbar won't be mounted to the top of the roof, but rather on the sloping forward facing edge on the roof.
Yeah.. I wouldn't put it there but if you do don't just mount it to the plastic.

D

Dasmoeturhead

I got the lightbar yesterday, and installed it this morning. The brackets that came with the light were the wrong distance between them to mount on a good surface, so I mounted as shown. Duh!
I had to remove some material on the metal brackets that came with the light. Fits real good. Man this light is bright. Voltage is 14.1 vdc at idle with the light on.
0104171537 HDR
0104171537 HDR
0104171537c HDR

advertisement
GravelBat

GravelBat

Sep 5, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the lightbar yesterday, and installed it this morning. The brackets that came with the light were the wrong distance between them to mount on a good surface, so I mounted as shown. Duh!
I had to remove some material on the metal brackets that came with the light. Fits real good. Man this light is bright. Voltage is 14.1 vdc at idle with the light on.View attachment 30252 View attachment 30252 View attachment 30253
I like it, that looks sharp. I was going to put a smaller one on the front bumper but I like the way yours looks. It's got me reconsidering now...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!