light bars reflection

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
in the past on my rangers etc I have always had problems with light reflecting back off items when lights aren't mounted in best positions. for instance the light bars mounted on hoods seam to throw a red flag to me because i would assume that u have to get some reflection back off hood and front bumper etc. I know it is real hard to find a place to mount where it doesn't get ripped off and I'm sure this is the best place? I always laugh at the ones mounted on the roof they would last about 30 seconds into my first ride in the area I live in but prob great for the open areas. any feedback on reflection would be greatly appreciated along with thoughts on mixing led brands with color differences in the leds looks only I would like mine to match if I could but sometimes it seams different brands better for different applications? up for hours every night thinking on how to do my build thanks for everyones ideas and pics really makes it easier for people getting started to get some ideas.

Reactions: Smitty335
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You do have a P1000 correct? I think I remember seeing that you do.

I fully agree that light tint and location play a big role in the glare. For reduced glare, you should use 4300k tint or lower. I use 4300k HIDs on my truck head lights and 3000k HIDs on my fog lights. It has greatly improved night vision while raining. Here's a sample pic below.
Fbb0df533292cef87f04e2bab89846af

As for the location of a light bar on the P1000, I agree that you don't want it too high as it might get removed by a tree branch. I also don't want it too high because the light beam crosses your line of sight. If there is fog, dust, or rain in the air it will glare bad. For super bright lights, I like to keep them below my line of sight and mounted up front. Here is what i did with my lightbar.
B8e769adddcb5ce59204811da25ee9ae

It is mounted in a location where I think it will be safe and it should reduce glare. Also, the curved light bars tend to reduce glare also as they don't throw such and intense beam. Their light is cast over a wide area instead of concentrated straight ahead.

With all that said, I bought a fairly cheap lightbar on Amazon. I believe it is SVT. They didn't offer different choices for tint but because I followed the rules of mounting it low and out front and also being curved, I haven't noticed any issue yet with glare.

Places to buy different tints will charge quite a bit more. I fully understand the desire to get the perfect light though. Rigid sells the best lightbars. They offer Amber for reduced glare. Here is a screen shot of how they describe "blue" and how it glares.
1e4cf178c9077231f275bd84dc082424

(Incoming rant)
I know that the blue lights looks cool and they seem to be bright but they're not really. They are intense or harsh on your eyes which makes us think they are bright. Sorry for you guys that drive cars with the aftermarket blue bulbs, it makes me laugh because it tells me that you care more about other cars on the road thinking yours looks cool instead of getting a more practical light that will actually improve your vision.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
yes I have a 1000-5 and doing all the mods etc lights less and such have come a long way since my last build on my 2007 ranger 700 xp. I Had reg headlights and 2 fog lights tucked up under the roof overhang in the front and more light was great!!! Holly crap these things are a bit over the top what they have now I can't stop saying overkill but sure is growing on me lmao.. well we will see Ill post pics when I come up with something thanks everyone for your help. Has anyone been accidentally sun burned in the process of riding at night I wonder if sun block is recommended for some of these light mods?????

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!