P500 Lightbar wiring

scottwil01

scottwil01

Nov 28, 2014
I already have a honda accessory subharness. I currently have my winch and rocker switch attached to the accessory subharness it and now want to install at light bar.

I just researched and see there are two harnessness I need to wire lights??

Aux Lights/Light Bar Wire Harness
Part #: 0SV31-HL5-201E

Accessory Sub Harness (already have)
08Z08-HL5-A00

Would I just cut the 2p white connector off the Aux Lights/Light Bar Wire Harness and attach that to the Red power wire from the LED Light bar and connect the ground (negative) to the the other wire??

Also, I would rather use honda accessory and light subharness so power comes on off with ignition. (prefer) vs using the wiring the harness, relay and fuse the light harness came with to direct wire to battery.

This two harness thing has now added confusion and I am now debating if its easier to just buy the aftermarket harness for lightbar itself vs trying to figure out if i need to spend the money to buy the additional honda light harness and what i need to do with honda harnessess to wire??

Please help! Here is the additional subharness from honda instructions. I already have the accessory subharness installed but not the honda light harness Aux/Light Wire Harness - 0SV31-HL5-201E - Instructions. -

I would seem to me after reading all and looking at the below honda diagram I can just buy a cheap switch and wires with connectors and make this honda harness myself and save $99??? I looks like the harness runs two seperate lights so I would just attach the light bar power to one of them and attache the light bar ground to the frame?? But I am not sure if the two wires below are + and negative?

Capture4

Thanks!

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You answered your own question with the last 3 lines of your post. Save the $99 unless you want to pay $29 per foot for wiring. Even with the wiring for the light bar you can tie in the wiring to the key accessory rice that powers the relay from the accessory port (cigarette lighter plug) behind the dash then it can only be on if key id on. Should be a black wire with a white stripe, the green wire (all of them w/o stripes ) are ground wires.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!