Jul 3, 2015
Uploadfromtaptalk1450928769473
this is my dome setup, installed into my soundbar

mystic1219

mystic1219

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 3, 2015
I have a 22" bar on my hood like ohanacreek and I wish it had more flood (mine is a spot/flood combo). I will probably add cubes in the front. You may look into a curved bar.

Reactions: RyanOrange3
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I had a 20" on my 700 and will put another on this 1000-5. I've got a 40" on my truck and that may be what I put on this time. We will see.

As for the interior light. I use this....

6680106e72094ee1dd11c192209ce589

They are so bright, I use two for addition reverse lights on my truck.

Reactions: RyanOrange3
HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used "eagle eye LEDS" from eBay for a dome light. They are amazing. Cost like $4 for two 9w LEDs. I can't say enough how bright they are. LED strip lights from eBay or Amazon would be another great option for dome lighting. Two cheap 18w LEDs work great for back up lights. I got the slim versions for about $20/pair on amazon. Up front just depends on where you want to mount it and how big you want to go. A 24" will throw more light than you will ever "need".
On the rear lights did you run the wire to the battery or somewhere else?

mystic1219

mystic1219

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 3, 2015
(+) from a taillight so they only come on when the headlights are on and (-) tapped into the plug for the backup siren so they only come on in reverse. I almost put them on a switch but I've been very happy with this setup. I did use a relay just to be safe.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I've noticed that this machine desperately needs light cubes on the front aimed out at 45 degrees for the peripheral view. The LED head lights are awesome but they don't have any spill for seeing what's at your 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock.
That's why I'm considering a curved bar at the top of the windshield.
Hoping for some deals on boxing day.

Reactions: bobbyhill
Calvin

Calvin

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2015
Benton, La.
I went with the 20 inch Cree on front bumper.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 381
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 393
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I can't decide if I want to put my 20 inch light bar on the bumper or in front of the windshield. I like the way it looks on the bumper. Thanks for posting

advertisement
Calvin

Calvin

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2015
Benton, La.
Is the 20" a really noticeable difference?
Not sure yet waiting on my battery to come In so I can run my dual battery and get winch on and get it all wired up at once. But I did see some reviews and videos of 20 inch and it looked like it lit the world up compared to stock lights. I wanted a little more light just didn't feel the need for a 40 inch.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure yet waiting on my battery to come In so I can run my dual battery and get winch on and get it all wired up at once. But I did see some reviews and videos of 20 inch and it looked like it lit the world up compared to stock lights. I wanted a little more light just didn't feel the need for a 40 inch.
Right

mystic1219

mystic1219

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 3, 2015
I have the $20 HIDs and a 22" bar and I don't see how it could be any brighter. Yes, a bigger bar would throw more light but a 20 or 24" should be plenty for anything short of nighttime desert racing. And I'm usually one to go for overkill with these type of things.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Just a FYI for you guys who want to use a bigger light bar. A 42 inch bar will fit perfectly on the roof mounted to the inside bolts that holds the hard roof on. Extremely sturdy mounting spot

Is on top of the roof and you'll have to watch out for trees. I mounted a opt 7 c2 42" up there( They're extremely durable so far). I've wacked a few trees already pretty hard. No issues!!!!! Will post pictures in a few

Chris

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes, please show us

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Yes, please show us
Heres a picture i took a couple days ago when i did it. Ill take a closer pic so you guys can see up close when i get home. Ill post a pic where i had it mounted before. Way to bouncy even with a aluminum support

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 379
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Heres a picture i took a couple days ago when i did it. Ill take a closer pic so you guys can see up close when i get home. Ill post a pic where i had it mounted before. Way to bouncy even with a aluminum support

Thanks for posting. I'm curious if it will interfere with my windshield.

Also, let me know if there is glare. As a rule of thumb, you generally wants lights lower than your line of sight so you don't have to look thru the beam. It's not a problem if the air is clear. But in the south, just the humidity causes glare from over head lights. Also, driving in the rain with it on would "probably" cause glare.

I really like where you have it though. It looks safe and out of they way from damage.

Joe

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Thanks for posting. I'm curious if it will interfere with my windshield.

Also, let me know if there is glare. As a rule of thumb, you generally wants lights lower than your line of sight so you don't have to look thru the beam. It's not a problem if the air is clear. But in the south, just the humidity causes glare from over head lights. Also, driving in the rain with it on would "probably" cause glare.

I really like where you have it though. It looks safe and out of they way from damage.

Joe
Hey joe. I've ridden at all hours down her in Florida early morning to 1am out in the woods. No problem with glare. Even while riding in the pouring rain(will post a video of that once I figure out how to). The second picture with it under the brim of the roof was actually horrible even if it didn't bounce. The roof blocked some of the light and there was a horrible glare. I'm 6'3. With it mounted there it was just above eye level.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!