Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Good point.... I hooked up a second battery too so at least I'd still have cranking power should i drain it too far.
The Pioneer 1000 stator puts out 650 watts.

Bonehead69

Bonehead69

Nov 4, 2015
Yes they are sir. The question is how much lights(watts/amps ). Will the p1000 run at he same time without draining the battery
Do you have a picture of it not lit up? I want to see what kind of clearance i will have when i get mine! I.E. will i be able to go bigger than 22" light bar on the bumper.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Can you post a picture of where you found that info?

Now this was the first callout image I seen and it was later indicated by someone with a manual it was actually 650 watts instead of 600 that's the best I can do for you right now.

pioneer1000.jpg

This was posted from this Canadian Honda dealer and still on his web page:
2016 Honda SXS10M3P

Reactions: Scooterchris
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Do you have a picture of it not lit up? I want to see what kind of clearance i will have when i get mine! I.E. will i be able to go bigger than 22" light bar on the bumper.
On top of the bumper yes. Where i have mine mounted. No.. Thats as big as you could put in there

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

Not great pics, but all I could manage with my phone while I the garage. I need better lighting. 51469b58aba99eace2ea40a110a70e7f979586fcda0b341c4496829da6b9abfbA0c80a977e7b452fbdcaa3de58be70d4

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What wiring harness are y'all using for your lightbars? I wanna good one with switch and wire needs to be long enough.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I have a 22" on the way. I'd like to mount it above the windshield like ohanacreek. I dont want to add extra height to the vehicle.

@ohanacreek - Did you fab those brackets between the windshield frame and the light mount on the hard top? Does that take care of the bounce?

advertisement
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
What wiring harness are y'all using for your lightbars? I wanna good one with switch and wire needs to be long enough.
I bought the "opt 7" brand light bars. They came with descent wiring harnesses. In purchased the mictuning switches of amazon. The wiring harness is super long. I cut mine down.
Hospe this helps

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 22" on the way. I'd like to mount it above the windshield like ohanacreek. I dont want to add extra height to the vehicle.

@ohanacreek - Did you fab those brackets between the windshield frame and the light mount on the hard top? Does that take care of the bounce?
Yes I did, it's just a piece of steel flat bar I bent, there was no bounce it was SOLID no movement at all.

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
im trying to mount a 42" curved light bar on the top of the hood at the bottom of the windshield and the brackets are to wide id have to drill in the hood which i down wanna do. That seems like my only option where did you guys mount your big light bars? I might try to sell and get a 32" it would fit there.

Reactions: Scooterchris
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
im trying to mount a 42" curved light bar on the top of the hood at the bottom of the windshield and the brackets are to wide id have to drill in the hood which i down wanna do. That seems like my only option where did you guys mount your big light bars? I might try to sell and get a 32" it would fit there.
42" bars mount perfectly to the top roof roll bar backets. Brackets also have little metal supports. Its super strong

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm scared with the tight woods riding i do, being on the very top would not be a good option for me. I've seen one somewhere that mounted it on the front lip of the roof.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
I'm scared with the tight woods riding i do, being on the very top would not be a good option for me. I've seen one somewhere that mounted it on the front lip of the roof.
You dont want it on the bill so to say of the roof. No matter how much support you make. Its still to flimsy.

All the trail riding down here in florida is tight. Actually to small for the honda to go into (reason why i already purchased new white body panels). Ive wacked the s*** out of the light. Never moved, broke or even had to adjust the angle. Ive hit some big branches. Branches that ive had the limbs somehow end up in the bed lol

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
The hoods are so short on these - it does not seem to be an issue.
Mine is not mounted yet but I held my light up there and did not get glare.
I'm still debating if the rain/snow/fog glare will be worse mounted on top.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!