KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I have to admit that when I plowed snow last week, which was the first time I drove my P520 in the dark, I was shocked at how poor the stock headlights were. I had already installed a forward-facing light bar on the front lip of the Honda hard roof, and was very glad I did. The main reason I installed it was to make sure the plow wasn't blocking the all of the light. The plow could have been one of the reasons the headlights seemed so dim when I plowed. But based on the other night, I would consider a light bar a necessary upgrade on any P520 right from the start, regardless of whether or not you plow. I will probably install a small rear-facing floodlight light bar to help with backing up when plowing. It was very difficult to see through the rear Honda soft panel when backing up in the dark (it was also snowing hard, which might have contributed to the problem).
Exactly my issue, the factory headlights are just not enough light for me.

Reactions: wvupsc and Buggyman
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Seems like the most likely front end lighting options for those of us with the Strong Made bumper with winch is a roof mounted light bar and/or a small light bar/2 cubes mounted on the hoop.

Fabricating/integrated two cubes into the Strong Made would be ideal for my interests, personally. A roof mounted light bar would be good on occasion, but no good for anyone in front of you . . .

Last edited:
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I'm continually reminded of how thankful I am to my parents for raising me to be responsible, accountable, and mindful of others.
Soooo....you wearing that mask? 😆

Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
Seems like the most likely front end lighting options for those of us with the Strong Made bumper with winch is a roof mounted light bar and/or a small light bar/2 cubes mounted on the hoop.

Fabricating/integrated two cubes into the Strong Made would be ideal for my interests, personally. A roof mounted light bar would be good on occasion, but no good for anyone in front of you . . .
I am using the p520 for work on a property in the country. It does not hurt anyone where the light is mounted.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have to admit that when I plowed snow last week, which was the first time I drove my P520 in the dark, I was shocked at how poor the stock headlights were. I had already installed a forward-facing light bar on the front lip of the Honda hard roof, and was very glad I did. The main reason I installed it was to make sure the plow wasn't blocking the all of the light. The plow could have been one of the reasons the headlights seemed so dim when I plowed. But based on the other night, I would consider a light bar a necessary upgrade on any P520 right from the start, regardless of whether or not you plow. I will probably install a small rear-facing floodlight light bar to help with backing up when plowing. It was very difficult to see through the rear Honda soft panel when backing up in the dark (it was also snowing hard, which might have contributed to the problem).

I've never considered the stockers as anything but running/marker lights really, they're just not bright enough. A light bar or cubes on the bumper act as the real headlights. Having lights at different heights is ideal.
Looking out the back of the P5 in reverse just sucks period and a rearview mirror isn't much better. Check out some side mirrors, especially for plowing. You'll never take them off.

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I've never considered the stockers as anything but running/marker lights really, they're just not bright enough. A light bar or cubes on the bumper act as the real headlights. Having lights at different heights is ideal.
Looking out the back of the P5 in reverse just sucks period and a rearview mirror isn't much better. Check out some side mirrors, especially for plowing. You'll never take them off.
100% agree... I have the Koplin side mirrors and use them all the time.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Both led bars are from amazon. I run a bead of silicon caulking around the glass/ metal edge and where the wires enter to help with water resistance.

Ce80bfc9f3c635fbb95d00e55a0d7f13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Both led bars are from amazon. I run a bead of silicon caulking around the glass/ metal edge and where the wires enter to help with water resistance.

View attachment 314038

Nice! Love the camo. Are those fold back side panels? If so do they work well for you?

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Roof mounted lights would not for our P5, the trail just to tight. The light bar would take a beating on the roof. I mounted ours a little lower.

View attachment 315188
I agree tight trails would snag and beat up a roof mounted light bar where I ride. That swayed my decision to install lights lower and more centered.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Nice back rack. What size tires are you running?

It’s a Dusty Dawgs rack. I’ve posted several times how it’s great for our lab, and for carrying hunting gear. The top coincidentally is a perfect fit to hold my 2-bow compound soft case.

I bought a set of Rancher take off’s with rims for $400. They’re 25” and stock widths. I have 1” front and 1.5” rear spacers. I was able to get thru the 2 metal posts on a 50” ATV-only trail with no problem.

Last edited:
HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
It’s a Dusty Dawgs rack. I’ve posted several times how it’s great for our lab, and for carrying hunting gear. The top coincidentally is a perfect fit to hold my 2-bow compound soft case.

I bought a set of Rancher take off’s with rims for $400. They’re 25” and stock widths. I have 1” front and 1.5” rear spacers. I was able to get thru the 2 metal posts on a 50” ATV-only trail with no problem.

I like the look of your setup. Very nice rack and I been thinking 25" tires 1" rear spacer would work well for me. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Buggyman
KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks, I like the camo.

No, Falcon Ridge soft doors. I roll them and secure with a bungie cord. They keep me much warmer with only engine heat which was was the idea.

Thanks for the info! I have been looking into doors for this time of year, to cut down the chill when using around a campground or for short trips. This look like they would fit the bill as I would like them out of the way during trail rides. I will look into them. Thanks again for sharing.

Reactions: Buggyman
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Seems like the most likely front end lighting options for those of us with the Strong Made bumper with winch is a roof mounted light bar and/or a small light bar/2 cubes mounted on the hoop

Actually a 12” light bar mounts nicely to the Strongmade and answers well to the lighting problem….👍

A1526FA0 8360 499A 9099 C3D2213220B7

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!