P1000 Lithium ion battery vs dual battery setup 2017 Honda pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So can you for example stream music to 2 srts of head phones or seperate soundbars?
I think you can only send your audio to one set of speakers at a time. But you can have another Bluetooth device that interacts a different way with you phone example. I use BLuetooth remote to turn up volume on phone affecting overall volume on Bluetooth soundbar

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've seen a few small sound bars that claim support for streaming to 2 of their bars, but from the reviews it has to be specific chips/versions of bluetooth and even then it's iffy at best getting it to work.

Reactions: Tramguage1
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey all new to the forum just picked up my 2017 Honda pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. Just wanted to get some input on whether to go with a dual battery set up or just do a replacement of the oem battery with a lithium ion battery

Just FYI.

I contacted two lithium ion battery manufacturers and neither one of them would provide their standard warranty with my describe to use in a UTV. Which was starting, winching, and occasional camping with lights or stereo in operation with the engine off.

So I'm using the Odyssey and stock battery with an isolator and really like the setup. Everything stock should go to the stock battery and all the aftermarket stuff should go to the auxiliary battery. It doesn't matter if I completely killed the auxiliary battery, the stock battery will always start the vehicle and get me home.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just FYI.

I contacted two lithium ion battery manufacturers and neither one of them would provide their standard warranty with my describe to use in a UTV. Which was starting, winching, and occasional camping with lights or stereo in operation with the engine off.

So I'm using the Odyssey and stock battery with an isolator and really like the setup. Everything stock should go to the stock battery and all the aftermarket stuff should go to the auxiliary battery. It doesn't matter if I completely killed the auxiliary battery, the stock battery will always start the vehicle and get me home.

Or, if your starter battery dies...Im also running a duel battery setup. I'm making up a set of short jumper cables to carry. One advantage to a duel setup is that if one of your batteries dies, you can jump across to get started and get home. I don't run with other riders too often so I'm on my own a lot. It's nice to always have at least one good battery with you at all times. With a single battery, it dies, your walking.

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
I ran a big optima battery under the seat with the true isolator. I'm not sure what kind of riding you plan on doing but people have had issues where they winch from the main battery and during winch operation they lose enough voltage the P1K will kick out of gear. Winching is hard on a battery. Also the switch panel thing you are using looks cool but is it waterproof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RampageRhino

RampageRhino

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2017
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon X4
I got the JBL ub4100 installed last night very solid soundbar don't know if it's quite worth 800 because it comes with no owners manual explaining how to work everything and their tech department has no clue about the unit on how to operate the system laugh out loud. But sounds absolutely amazing

20170824 175642 20170824 180012

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I got the JBL ub4100 installed last night very solid soundbar don't know if it's quite worth 800 because it comes with no owners manual explaining how to work everything and their tech department has no clue about the unit on how to operate the system laugh out loud. But sounds absolutely amazing

View attachment 52599 View attachment 52600

That pad looks sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Landman
ripHST

ripHST

Feb 27, 2017
Van Etten, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all new to the forum just picked up my 2017 Honda pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. Just wanted to get some input on whether to go with a dual battery set up or just do a replacement of the oem battery with a lithium ion battery

Hey Rk.......just saw this post so maybe you’ve already moved forward with this, but I would recommend a bit more research on lithium before you buy. I bought one for one of my bikes a couple of years ago and what I learned at the time is that the big advantage with lithium is weight and ease of installation. Also they don’t self discharge if left for long periods. The biggest downside is that they don’t tolerate being discharged a significant amount....it’ll break them. And they’re pricey. This application isn’t really its sweet spot. A track bike, yes, but maybe not a UTV. I’m no expert...definitely not, just recommending you look into it a bit more if you haven’t already. The dual battery or single deep cycle option is probably what you want if you’ll be discharging a battery running a winch or lights. Best of luck.

Also.....people have mentioned the cold weather thing....that’s another factor.....but they will work in cold, it’s just different. I think the manufacturers recommend turning the key on and waiting a bit before you crank....or crank a bit, then stop and repeat. It’ll eventually warm up and start. But it’s a pain. This only happened to me once or twice I think. FWIW.....mine is sitting on my bench now because I’m only riding on the road and it didn’t seem worth bothering with.

If you did get one and like it....I’d love to hear about it.....they may have improved them since I got mine.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No lithium manufacturer will warranty it if used in a powersports application

@joeymt33 checked

Reactions: joeymt33
Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
I need to do that to my 700 although no problems in the cold so far during the past 2 winters. I am going to be using a 12 volt heated seat pad so I may need the dual battery set up.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
111ea6438214604ef671dc9d9512bc19

Did it in 700 as well, made a big difference with all the electrical loads I had just a single optima on it.

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
I think a Optima battery is in my very near future. No complicated dual battery setup wanted for me! Going to get with my local and use his shop to build a strong battery tray under drivers seat and run some 8 gauge wire and toss the tiny :) almost fake :) battery.:D

W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think a Optima battery is in my very near future. No complicated dual battery setup wanted for me! Going to get with my local and use his shop to build a strong battery tray under drivers seat and run some 8 gauge wire and toss the tiny :) almost fake :) battery.:D
gauge wire is too small

Reactions: ohanacreek
Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Then I'll defer to the experts here s to what size wires I should run.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!