P1000m5 Longer shocks instead of bracket lift/spacers

A

Anton

Feb 10, 2021
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'll preface this by saying I haven't purchased a UTV yet. I am still looking, but the only option that isn't a limo, and without swapping a bench into it, is the pioneer 1000-5. I also like the idea of a non-belt UTV.

I was looking at getting a either a 1000-5 base or deluxe (since a lot of mods I see aren't for the LE). However, I would like to add a small lift if I did get a pioner. Are there any companies that make longer shocks for a lift, instead of using a spacer or bracket?

Am I correct in thinking a longer shock could act as a lift, and at the same time add a small amount of suspension travel (like 1-3")?

I am not looking to convert it to anything crazy, just a small lift and potenially like 12" of wheel travel.

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
814 shocks do just that. You'll gain about 2 inches. Then if you had a true to height tire like a Maxxis carnivore in 28" you'll be even taller.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
first off an LE is much the same as a Deluxe, Eps plane jane etc. just has I-4 wheel drive and comes standard with Fox shocks in the so called performance area. So most mods will work on an LE.
now, as for a lift with your shocks, on the better shocks, fox, elka and 814’s you can add pre load to gain 2” and some larger tires to gain more. Also an old method if you have standard shocks are some 2” spacers in the spring body . You can search this to find the mod. This is a very inexpensive mod to gain some hight. But To do things the right way so you get the correct geometry to your machine and all is good in china town, is to get some aftermarket A arms and a set if the better shocks listed and add the pre load.

Now, stop thinking and go Buy your machine already and start spending! Ugh Lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!