Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Well my plan was to wait until spring to buy, but couldn’t pass up this deal got a new 2018 at Honda East in Toledo, OH for $7700ish out the door. Just got her home after 7 hours of driving. Thanks for all the knowledge you guys have dropped on here, can’t wait to get her out on the trail!

View attachment 157734
Yep, have to watch the door height especially with an OEM roof. Went 7 ft. Tall 8x18 with drop down deck at door. Standard height was 1-2 inches too short.

Zaleski

Zaleski

Aug 28, 2019
Ohio
Yep, have to watch the door height especially with an OEM roof. Went 7 ft. Tall 8x18 with drop down deck at door. Standard height was 1-2 inches too short.

I ended up getting a 20’ car hauler yesterday, wanted to go the enclosed route, but just couldn’t justify spending almost as much for the trailer as I paid for the machine. So will make this work for a few years and maybe upgrade to enclosed down the road.

Reactions: Mudder
dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
I ended up getting a 20’ car hauler yesterday, wanted to go the enclosed route, but just couldn’t justify spending almost as much for the trailer as I paid for the machine. So will make this work for a few years and maybe upgrade to enclosed down the road.

Thats a good choice. I have an 18' dove tail car hauler from BigTex. I think its a 70CH model. I think a 20 wouldve been better, but its what i could find. Im thinking an in-bed camper w/ trailer and bikes would be the way to go! At least on my budget. a toy hauler would be awesome, but....$$$$

Reactions: rtn001 and Zaleski
Zaleski

Zaleski

Aug 28, 2019
Ohio
Thats a good choice. I have an 18' dove tail car hauler from BigTex. I think its a 70CH model. I think a 20 wouldve been better, but its what i could find. Im thinking an in-bed camper w/ trailer and bikes would be the way to go! At least on my budget. a toy hauler would be awesome, but....$$$$
A truck camper would be awesome! Those things amaze me on how roomy they are inside

Reactions: rtn001
S

SKW1979

Apr 18, 2019
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys!
Need to go trailer shopping now, borrowed this one to get it home. Thinking an enclosed 18 or 20. Big enough for two machines in case we expand the fleet down the road

The want list for now is:
Spare tire
Winch
Rack storage of some sort
Roof
Windshield
Thanks guys!
Need to go trailer shopping now, borrowed this one to get it home. Thinking an enclosed 18 or 20. Big enough for two machines in case we expand the fleet down the road

The want list for now is:
Spare tire
Winch
Rack storage of some sort
Roof
Windshield
When getting a spare tire, look for a set of new take-offs. I bought a complete set of take-offs, rims and tires, from a dealership for $400 for my 1000-5. Just the steel rim from Honda was going to be over $200. Also nice to have a front and rear as they are different size tires. Also look at getting the auxiliary battery and fuse lock to run your winch, that way you aren't wearing out your cranking battery. Have fun and be safe!

Reactions: Zaleski and rtn001

3006USMC

Jul 4, 2019
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
Well my plan was to wait until spring to buy, but couldn’t pass up this deal got a new 2018 at Honda East in Toledo, OH for $7700ish out the door. Just got her home after 7 hours of driving. Thanks for all the knowledge you guys have dropped on here, can’t wait to get her out on the trail!

View attachment 157734

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Congratulations! Welcome from Central Florida. Keep us posted and remember " if there isn't a picture it didn't happen" or so they say. lol Have fun.

Reactions: Zaleski
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Keep in mind any mods you plan on doing that involve adding height (wheels, tires, roof, etc). My stock '18 barely fits through the 6' door of my enclosed trailer. Just adding a roof will put me too tall.

Just installed the Honda hard roof. With stock wheels and tires, it now measures 74.5" in height.

Reactions: rtn001 and Zaleski
Zaleski

Zaleski

Aug 28, 2019
Ohio
Congratulations! Welcome from Central Florida. Keep us posted and remember " if there isn't a picture it didn't happen" or so they say. lol Have fun.

Going on first trail ride later this week, so hopefully will have aome good pics!

advertisement
Zaleski

Zaleski

Aug 28, 2019
Ohio
When getting a spare tire, look for a set of new take-offs. I bought a complete set of take-offs, rims and tires, from a dealership for $400 for my 1000-5. Just the steel rim from Honda was going to be over $200. Also nice to have a front and rear as they are different size tires. Also look at getting the auxiliary battery and fuse lock to run your winch, that way you aren't wearing out your cranking battery. Have fun and be safe!

I tried finding a factory take off, but had no luck, ended up buying factory front sized itp wheel and itp mudlite tire for $110 from rocky mountain atv. I'll keep that in mind when I do get a winch, thanks for the advice!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!