H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Looking at the forum pictures it's obvious Honda has two new models. Looking the forum pictures the A/C unit will use the 1000 cc engine and the other one has the engine up under the seats so I think that one will have a short all new 750cc engine. It may be used in the new quad too.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Honda does need more models so it should happen in the next few years before the EV models take over. Hopefully they will have a new one for 2025. Honda has needed a large Quad for over 20 years. As the batteries improve, I expect the Pioneer 500 EV version will happen. Sales on cars and power sports products are down due the cost and finance charge so a new more affordable will be important.

advertisement
NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
I dony know what the fascination with an Air Conditioned SXS is

Just buy a damm Jeep or don't go offroad if it's too hot and dusty
I agree. No AC needed. Better cab to improve the good enough factory heater is all I want. My wishlist is factory flip up glass windshield, factory half doors that seal, soft uppers that seal, rear panel that could be removed easily that doesn't have holes where it mounts. Run the heater when calving. Take the rest of for summer.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
My wishlist is factory flip up glass windshield, factory half doors that seal, soft uppers that seal, rear panel that could be removed easily that doesn't have holes where it mounts. Run the heater when calving. Take the rest of for summer.
So, basically, a Jeep? 😆

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
With my Pioneer's and Talon's sealing the cab enough to keep the dust out is not possible. My helmet face shield is my windshield. Also, the helmet keeps the noise down. My Talon R 4-seater is amazing it's going to be a keeper for at least 50,000 miles. I will sell my 2019 Talon if Honda has a sealed cab model with A/C, but it could still be a few years away.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
Whether we think AC is silly or not is irrelevant, those buggies sell and Honda is in the business of making money. I see a dozen or more "HVAC" (as the manufacturers call them) machines go by the every wkd, why shouldn't Honda get a slice of those sales?

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
If you can have fun going slow a Jeep would be ok but at low speed they suck. I drove my 2001 4WD Ford short bed pick on a ride one time and sold it. My Suzuki Samurai had all the suspension, gearing, and A/C still was not nearly good enough to go fast. I just can't have any fun going slow. My girlfriend wants to go fast too, sliding all the corners and a good top speed. I do keep it below 50 most of the time and add an extra safety margin when I have a passenger.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I always thought it was funny how Jeep people remove doors and the roof while SXS people add them! I only run a half windshield all year. I wouldn't have a roof if my wife didn't want it. I like being in the elements. To me that's an important part of the experience. We like to ride fast too. That's the challenge!

I'd like to have a 4 door Jeep for back roads driving and vacations. This retarded state of Louisiana will not let us make SXS street legal. But you can drive a useless golf cart inside most city limits and risk getting smacked for going too slow. Doesn't make sense. If the SXS could be made street legal I'd have a blast riding on the trails AND roads in Kisatchie NF. They despise ORV trail use!

advertisement