GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well took my pioneer in for its first service and fix some small things..4 wheel drive shifter wasnt kicking in and out right and the steering wheel was cocked a little sideways. No big deal right?
Have been back to the dealer twice this week to pick it up and again have come home with an empty trailer.
The first time I went to get it guy says gotter fixed up bud I start it and drive to my trailer stopping and shifting between turf and 2wd notice service light is still on and its not kicking out of 2wd. Drive it back into the service bay and explain it to him. He says no problem get it fixed up. So i end up having to leave it another night.to make a long story short by the time they where done today my pioneer would not shift between any mode. Service tech tells me I'm luck to have even gotten it in because that r backed up for three weeks. I calmly reminded him that I was aware of this because I scheduled my appointment a month ago. He mouths off something snarky about people not knowing how to operate the machines they buy. I politely tell him if he speaks to me again like that he will be wearing his a** for a hat:) From what I have read here this is a common problem and should be easily fixed unless I have some kind of anomalcaseich I think is not the case. They have recently fired all of there technicians and hired new ones... The reason for the 3 week back up. Any way thanks for letting me vent.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Back on topic is there some kind of selonoid that is triggered by the shift linkage or is the linkage direct like a locker?

N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You just need to adjust the cables under the seat.
Do a search on here it's really simple.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well took my pioneer in for its first service and fix some small things..4 wheel drive shifter wasnt kicking in and out right and the steering wheel was cocked a little sideways. No big deal right?
Have been back to the dealer twice this week to pick it up and again have come home with an empty trailer.
The first time I went to get it guy says gotter fixed up bud I start it and drive to my trailer stopping and shifting between turf and 2wd notice service light is still on and its not kicking out of 2wd. Drive it back into the service bay and explain it to him. He says no problem get it fixed up. So i end up having to leave it another night.to make a long story short by the time they where done today my pioneer would not shift between any mode. Service tech tells me I'm luck to have even gotten it in because that r backed up for three weeks. I calmly reminded him that I was aware of this because I scheduled my appointment a month ago. He mouths off something snarky about people not knowing how to operate the machines they buy. I politely tell him if he speaks to me again like that he will be wearing his a** for a hat:) From what I have read here this is a common problem and should be easily fixed unless I have some kind of anomalcaseich I think is not the case. They have recently fired all of there technicians and hired new ones... The reason for the 3 week back up. Any way thanks for letting me vent.
That really sucks @GlockMeister i know how it is to have a machine in the shop with incompetent techs. It seems like unless it's replacing a simple part or doing an oil change they can get confused. Normally there's a pretty good tech with a team of minions. Meanwhile your left with nothing to ride. I feel your pain and am sorry. Are you going to get it for the weekend?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That really sucks @GlockMeister i know how it is to have a machine in the shop with incompetent techs. It seems like unless it's replacing a simple part or doing an oil change they can get confused. Normally there's a pretty good tech with a team of minions. Meanwhile your left with nothing to ride. I feel your pain and am sorry. Are you going to get it for the weekend?
Not sure yet hopefully so had a ride planned for Sat..so fingers crossed

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ya I figured you'd have something for the weekend. Can't imagine theyd have it too long. Well good luck

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!