BOX1

Loss of speedo

16Silverado

May 17, 2021
Saginaw MI
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hi I have a 19 talon R with about 600 miles on it and out of nowhere the speedo stopped working also each key cycle now after about a quarter mile of driving the power steering stops working I’m assuming it’s because it does not know how fast it’s going but it goes through all the gears and drives just fine minus power steering... anyone know what one of the speed sensors actually runs the speedo? Or what other problems may be going on thanks for the help

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Check your battery connections and frame ground connection under the drivers seat.

16Silverado

May 17, 2021
Saginaw MI
Ownership

1. Talon R
Battery connections are good plus I cleaned up frame ground by engine plus one on the engine... I did not look for the one under the seat though thank you I will check that next

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
There are 6 speed sensors on the Talon, 4 on the front diff, 1 on the rear diff and 1 on the sub trans.

2 of them are for the DCT, 3 for the i4WD/ABS and the 6th speed sensor that signals the speedo and EPS is on the BACK right side of the front diff. Start by checking the plug and wiring here (marked in red)...

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
FYI, there have been reports of wires/connectors not fully inserted into plugs so check the plug carefully.

Reactions: Hometeam

16Silverado

May 17, 2021
Saginaw MI
Ownership

1. Talon R
FYI, there have been reports of wires/connectors not fully inserted into plugs so check the plug carefully.
Thank you very much you were 100% right I would have ended up spending hours looking all over the machine to find that you saved me lots of time

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!