P1000 Loud buzzing sound

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wired some reverse lights into the backup alarm plug and now there is a loud high pitched buzzing or whining sound when the key is turned on. I thought I had the wires reversed but it does it either way and even when I take the wires out. Any ideas?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine has a high pitched whine or buzz with the key on. Has had it since it was new.

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm pretty sure it just started doing this after I messed with the backup alarm plug. It's really loud and annoying. Sounds like some sort of electrical interference or crossed wires but it does it even when I take the wires. The fuel pump comes on for a second when I turn the key and then goes off, but this is a really loud whining sound that doesn't go off.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm pretty sure it just started doing this after I messed with the backup alarm plug. It's really loud and annoying. Sounds like some sort of electrical interference or crossed wires but it does it even when I take the wires. The fuel pump comes on for a second when I turn the key and then goes off, but this is a really loud whining sound that doesn't go off.
Thats why Im not doing anything electrically to mine w/o out plug and play connections. I don't like issues when all I want do do is ride. Shocks next, no electrical connections.HA!

Reactions: cruddy0815
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No, not that I have noticed. I'll check tomorrow to be sure.
Interestingo_O....Maybe there's sumpthin wrong with mine? Mine has made a weird buzz ever since it was new. I don't even notice it much any more. But I've never had any issues so I'm not concerned. Just thought they all did it.

Reactions: sharp and Ridem32
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wired some reverse lights into the backup alarm plug and now there is a loud high pitched buzzing or whining sound when the key is turned on. I thought I had the wires reversed but it does it either way and even when I take the wires out. Any ideas?

Unplug the lights and see if the sound stops.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thats why Im not doing anything electrically to mine w/o out plug and play connections. I don't like issues when all I want do do is ride. Shocks next, no electrical connections.HA!
That's why you should try to run relays and don't piggy back off of factory equipment:)

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interestingo_O....Maybe there's sumpthin wrong with mine? Mine has made a weird buzz ever since it was new. I don't even notice it much any more. But I've never had any issues so I'm not concerned. Just thought they all did it.
No, not that I have noticed. I'll check tomorrow to be sure.
I just checked mine and it does make the sound you are talking about. It must be normal because I never noticed it until you said something.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
lol apparently mine does too, it's really faint barely notice after the fuel pump goes off

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And even when it's not in reverse, and the plug only gets power when in reverse.
That's why you should try to run relays and don't piggy back off of factory equipment:)
I just followed the instructions in the sticky thread on key on, illumination, and back up source. Thought you could pull up to 15 amps from those sources and I only have two little backup led lights.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure y'all are hearing the same sound I'm hearing. It is really annoying and seems like I would have noticed it before. I'll go look at another one and see if it does it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And even when it's not in reverse, and the plug only gets power when in reverse.

I just followed the instructions in the sticky thread on key on, illumination, and back up source. Thought you could pull up to 15 amps from those sources and I only have two little backup led lights.

You can and should be no problem pulling from there because it's a dedicated fused line. I was referring to not wanting to add electronics. As long it is done right nothing should effect the rig negatively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can and should be no problem pulling from there because it's a dedicated fused line. I was referring to not wanting to add electronics. As long as no as is done right it won't effect the rig negatively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I probably just screwed something up!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!