Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah, I probably just screwed something up!

I'm not sure you did. Apparently there are others that make that sound. Everyone looks at sounds differently so maybe you notice it more or your machine is a little louder idk. But if something went wrong it would blow the acc fuse. I really think it's coincidence. Could you find the approximate source of the noise and possibly record it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AKRider
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Or maybe I just finally noticed and made everyone else notice something that will bug the crap out of you from now on!

That's funny! Ya it might a little so thanks for that lol. Turn the tunes up everyone

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure you did. Apparently there are others that make that sound. Everyone looks at sounds differently so maybe you notice it more or your machine is a little louder idk. But if something went wrong it would blow the acc fuse. I really think it's coincidence. Could you find the approximate source of the noise and possibly record it?

It really sounds like it's coming from the backup alarm plug, which is why I think it's something I did. But I cant figure out what it could be since it does it even when I remove the wires for the lights.

I took some advice on another thread and pulled the dummy plug out, removed the rubber stoppers, inserted my wires into the dummy plug, and plugged it back in, and taped around it. Lights works fine, coming on only when in reverse which is what I wanted. But I swear that sound wasn't there before!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It really sounds like it's coming from the backup alarm plug, which is why I think it's something I did. But I cant figure out what it could be since it does it even when I remove the wires for the lights.

I took some advice on another thread and pulled the dummy plug out, removed the rubber stoppers, inserted my wires into the dummy plug, and plugged it back in, and taped around it. Lights works fine, coming on only when in reverse which is what I wanted. But I swear that sound wasn't there before!
Well it's your rig so you know it best so I'd hate to say I wouldn't concern myself too much but I wouldn't concern myself too much lol. Is the plastic all back on so you're comparing apples to apples? I don't know of anything that it would effect if it's working correctly and not blowing fuses. Even if you touched both together it would take out the fuse but it's good obviously. I say run it

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Where does it sound like the buzzing is coming from? You can pull the fuses one at a time to find it.
That is a good idea so you could at least be rest assured!

Reactions: sharp
cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interestingo_O....Maybe there's sumpthin wrong with mine? Mine has made a weird buzz ever since it was new. I don't even notice it much any more. But I've never had any issues so I'm not concerned. Just thought they all did it.
Mine also has a slight buzzing noise from the fuel pump. Like you say, it didn't bother me much, but now that we have almost 1000 miles, it pretty much is non-existent.

Reactions: GlockMeister
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I have never left my key on long enough to hear it without starting it up! Let me go check mine. BRB

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Ok just check mine. Key on fuel pump runs then fuel pump cuts off I can hear the whine coming from under the rear bed area. I would say it's normal.

advertisement
J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok just check mine. Key on fuel pump runs then fuel pump cuts off I can hear the whine coming from under the rear bed area. I would say it's normal.

Maybe it's just coincidence then and I noticed because I had the bed up after working on the lights which made it seem louder? And I'm not too confident in my electrical abilities. I don't know.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I think your fine. I lifted my bed up also so I could hear it better. My high pitch hearing is very bad. But I could hear mine and louder with the bed up. One day when I got the rear floor board out I will check to see where it's coming from. But I'm sure someone will let us know before I do. I would guess maybe fuel going thru the fuel pressure regulator. Maybe thru the return line

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Maybe it's just coincidence then and I noticed because I had the bed up after working on the lights which made it seem louder? And I'm not too confident in my electrical abilities. I don't know.
The bed up would be louder. I'm really sure like others you're good. The lights working is good so just enjoy your work! You have backups now:)

Reactions: Jeffro and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!