P1000 Low compression issue

T

Twelch92

Mar 8, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 2019 1000-3 and recently ive been having issues with it. Took it to the local shop to have them look into and they told me my plugs were fried and i have low compression on one of my cylinders. Earlier in the year i did have it over heat on me and im hoping and thinking maybe its just the head gasket. But any help or input would be great

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems like a lot of the low compression issues I’ve seen on here stem from improperly seated intake boots on the throttle body. There was a recall for it but I don’t remember exactly which years had the issue.

T

Twelch92

Mar 8, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Seems like a lot of the low compression issues I’ve seen on here stem from improperly seated intake boots on the throttle body. There was a recall for it but I don’t remember exactly which years had the issue.
Ill deff have to look into. Local dealer tried telling me i prolly had sand in my engine. Which i find hard to believe.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s what happens with the loose intake boots. Sucks dust/sand/whatever right into the engine. Hopefully yours is something easier than that.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!