P500 Lower end motor noise

M

Mitchellkend

Apr 21, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
So I made a boo boo.. I ran the oil close to dry on my bike.. don’t ask..‍♂️ I noticed a metal tick in the lower end of the bike I adjusted my valves and the noise is still there but like I said it sounds like it’s in the lower end on the motor. The noise goes away at high rpm and can only be herd at low rpm. Could this be a clutch issue? The bike operates perfectly fine but is very noisy now.

Reactions: DG Rider
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
sounds like a wrist pin or crank related just off the description if its not the valves. sometimes you can try a little thicker oil like it your running 10-30 go to 10- 40. to see if it helps but more than lilely if its the bottom end your gonna need to go into the motor and change the bearings.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

M

Mitchellkend

Apr 21, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
sounds like a wrist pin or crank related just off the description if its not the valves. sometimes you can try a little thicker oil like it your running 10-30 go to 10- 40. to see if it helps but more than lilely if its the bottom end your gonna need to go into the motor and change the bearings.

I just posted a video on joes Facebook page not sure if you are on that group check it out if you are

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just posted a video on joes Facebook page not sure if you are on that group check it out if you are
not sure which one that is. im on the 700 riders one.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I made a boo boo.. I ran the oil close to dry on my bike.. don’t ask..‍♂️ I noticed a metal tick in the lower end of the bike I adjusted my valves and the noise is still there but like I said it sounds like it’s in the lower end on the motor. The noise goes away at high rpm and can only be herd at low rpm. Could this be a clutch issue? The bike operates perfectly fine but is very noisy now.
Are you sure it's something that wasn't there before? These make some goofy noises.

Reactions: lee

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!