P1000 Mesh or plastic rear window?

R

rickoshea

i have the fabric mid panel on my 1k-5. it's really the only option if i want to have back seat passengers,and i don't want to trash a rear window carrying firewood or whatever.i guess if you don't use the dump box for it's intended purpose ,either one will work well.just my 2 cents,fwiw.

LapZ

LapZ

Feb 27, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Looking at getting a rear window, just wondering what everyone has and what they like
Thanks, I’m looking at getting the rear mesh, looks like it comes off easy, I’m back and forth all the time with passengers in the rear and using the dump bed

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Won't the dust flow right thru the mesh ?
I agree with that thought u have Tim. It may stop the fast spread of the dust but it won’t keep it at bay. When I use to use my side nets, that was eminent. The soft mid panel and or the the soft rear panel if u have a 5 seater helps dramatically stop dust. I uses the soft mid panel for my 1000-5. Keep in mind this is not your end all to dust. There are too many gaps in the machine that let dust in. But the soft panels help stop a majority of it and they roll up out of the way very easily. As for the hard mid panel, I believe the mid hard panel is a nice option but keep in mind, your not removing it at ease whenever u want too.

LapZ

LapZ

Feb 27, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
So does anyone have mesh? I wouldn’t think it would completely stop dust but we drive a lot of gravel roads and the wind whipping back in stirs all kinds of debri up, thought it might help

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
So does anyone have mesh? I wouldn’t think it would completely stop dust but we drive a lot of gravel roads and the wind whipping back in stirs all kinds of debri up, thought it might help

I understand the "fabric" "soft" plastic panels work pretty good to stop a lot of the dust from sucking back in. I don't see how a "mesh" screen material could do that at all.

J

jsodep5338

Mar 6, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How does it work for you? Where did you order it at?

I just found it on a different page a couple of days ago. The people that have them said they do a good job of lowering the dust making its way into the cab. I figured for 30 some bucks I’d give it a shot. I’ll see if I can find the link and dimensions for ya in a little bit.

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!