P1000 Middle seat storage?

R

rickoshea

Rickoshea, you put Razor buckets in your P1K5? How much truble was thtat and how when do they work?
i had a couple sheets of 1/2" lexan,so i traced the oem bench on it and cut it to fit like the original bench,drilled some holes thru it and sunk some rivnuts into the frame and put boom mat on the bottom and rubber mat on the top and at the back where the back of the seat bolts to the rops.i just need to cut a hole to access the sub trans dipstick,plan to install a 4" round boat deck hatch to get to it in the future without having to remove the bolts that hold the base down.the seats sit up high but i get a good sight line.i wasn't sure i could get used to the new seating position but i like it more every time i ride.the seats are comfortable and were very inexpensive.when i come across a set of talon seats i'll swap them out.i can switch back to the bench seat by undoing 6 bolts.takes about 3 mins to swap back and forth.

Reactions: BWAF and Isaiah
1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i had a couple sheets of 1/2" lexan,so i traced the oem bench on it and cut it to fit like the original bench,drilled some holes thru it and sunk some rivnuts into the frame and put boom mat on the bottom and rubber mat on the top and at the back where the back of the seat bolts to the rops.i just need to cut a hole to access the sub trans dipstick,plan to install a 4" round boat deck hatch to get to it in the future without having to remove the bolts that hold the base down.the seats sit up high but i get a good sight line.i wasn't sure i could get used to the new seating position but i like it more every time i ride.the seats are comfortable and were very inexpensive.when i come across a set of talon seats i'll swap them out.i can switch back to the bench seat by undoing 6 bolts.takes about 3 mins to swap back and forth.
How much higher is that set-up than the bench seat?

R

rickoshea

if i had to guess,no more than an inch and a bit at the front of the seat,but you're also angled back more which makes the dead pedal a little more comfortable to rest your left foot on.you don't notice the height but the sight lines are definitely different.i can see the front wheel/tracks more easily now.it's hard to describe but it's different from the bench and much more comfortable,especially when i really have my foot into it.you really notice the poor shock performance in the stock shocks though.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!