P1000 Mississippi Delta duck rig

bama2dogs

bama2dogs

Aug 14, 2018
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm looking for recommendations on after market tires for my Pioneer. Need some aggressive tires for the gumbo mud in the Delta but don't know if I should move up on size or just go with more aggressive tread pattern on stock wheels.

Reactions: BWAF
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome to HondaSXS. Where you located in Alabama? Lots of guys around here in Alabama and Tennessee.

Anyway, how aggressive do you want to go?

This is super aggressive and would require more horsepower if you went up in size a few inches.

83e352c68f21d141d71c633b2b137914

This is a good mud tire I’ve seen a lot guys use. It’s heavy and durable but 30” and down should be ok.

Aa477f445294085fc85b42472863c1fb

You can go up to a 28” tire with out mods for most tires. Some tires that are true or slightly larger than advertised will rub in 28” sizes. With that said, forward arched arms from Super ATV are very popular and will allow you to run 29” (actual) tires without an issue. Some guys are running 30” (advertised) tires with no lift and SATV arms.

The ITP EVOs are a decent all terrain tire that leans more toward the mud side if you like it. They are light weight and run about an inch small in the 30” size and true in the 28” size.

491c902a7b9245ec5a69cc5eb10dbea4

bama2dogs

bama2dogs

Aug 14, 2018
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome to HondaSXS. Where you located in Alabama? Lots of guys around here in Alabama and Tennessee.

Anyway, how aggressive do you want to go?

This is super aggressive and would require more horsepower if you went up in size a few inches.

View attachment 83913

This is a good mud tire I’ve seen a lot guys use. It’s heavy and durable but 30” and down should be ok.

View attachment 83914

You can go up to a 28” tire with out mods for most tires. Some tires that are true or slightly larger than advertised will rub in 28” sizes. With that said, forward arched arms from Super ATV are very popular and will allow you to run 29” (actual) tires without an issue. Some guys are running 30” (advertised) tires with no lift and SATV arms.

The ITP EVOs are a decent all terrain tire that leans more toward the mud side if you like it. They are light weight and run about an inch small in the 30” size and true in the 28” size.

View attachment 83915
Thanks for the input - I appreciate your advice -

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There’s a regional ride thread on he forum where we post time and place for local rides. Check it out some time if you want to ride

H2oFowler

H2oFowler

May 13, 2017
Memphis,tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking for recommendations on after market tires for my Pioneer. Need some aggressive tires for the gumbo mud in the Delta but don't know if I should move up on size or just go with more aggressive tread pattern on stock wheels.
I duck hunt in Arkansas and deal with the gumbo annually. I have 28” zilla tires on mine and have no issues over past two years hunting rice fields and gumbo with mine. My opinion,extend vent lines and snorkle under hood is as important as tires if you’re doing water too.
Just my 2cents!

Reactions: joeymt33
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I hunt in the delta too. I've always used MudLites or SwampLites. Both are good tires.
If you go too aggressive, you will always be digging yourself a hole.

There was a thread on this forum that posted a long video of tire tests. I can't find the video but I wrote down the #1 winner in mud was AMS Slingshot. I haven't used them but I plan to look next time I buy.

Reactions: BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I hunt in the delta too. I've always used MudLites or SwampLites. Both are good tires.
If you go too aggressive, you will always be digging yourself a hole.

There was a thread on this forum that posted a long video of tire tests. I can't find the video but I wrote down the #1 winner in mud was AMS Slingshot. I haven't used them but I plan to look next time I buy.
You guy's are crazy! HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!