Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I’d be willing to bet you could take a machine that never touched water and install a Snorkle and extend vent lines and you would get the same comments!

It was cool that this email was shared with you, so you can see what they have to deal with in fixing your rig!

Being a do it yourselfer, I look at those labor costs and think about the mods I could have added instead of paying them! Hopefully you will not be liable for more! Good luck buddy!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Note to all...

Prior to taking your machine to dealership make sure and drain the water from your doors:confused:

D8BB3D18 4166 491A BDC6 66C5D901D6DB

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Not alot of water..riding in the desert
...but I never go over..the top of
..my tire..because of problems..
Some have problems. .some dont

Reactions: Eltobgi and R-Lamm
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’d be willing to bet you could take a machine that never touched water and install a Snorkle and extend vent lines and you would get the same comments!

It was cool that this email was shared with you, so you can see what they have to deal with in fixing your rig!

Being a do it yourselfer, I look at those labor costs and think about the mods I could have added instead of paying them! Hopefully you will not be liable for more! Good luck buddy!
I sure hope I won't be held liable for anymore. Glad its winter and I have a second job, but not what I was wanting to spend my extra money on lol. I just think its such bs for them saying its used in excessive water. I could see if I swamped it, but I haven't and there is no indication within the engine that proves that. So basically what they are telling me is don't even splash through a puddle (10inches of water) or mud because this is what can happen.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Not alot of water..riding in the desert
...but I never go over..the top of
..my tire..because of problems..
Some have problems. .some dont
Understandable! Water has never been a problem for me! But as a general rule I try to stay out of water deeper than top of the Honda wind deflector ;)
065349D4 0710 4254 86D0 3C6C03EAC003

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
A reasonable depth of water should be balls deep, if you can keep your balls dry then the machine is good, that limits MOST riders right there. That also accounts for sloshing too so it wouldn't actually be balls deep.

Really @ohanacreek
That is such a blatantly sexist comment.
You are saying if my wife is driving she can drive in as deep a puddle as she wants.
But if I'm driving I have a limit (or I need to stand on the seat and push the gas pedal with a stick)?

Downloadfile 1

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Really @ohanacreek
You are saying if my wife is driving she can drive in as deep a puddle as she wants.
But if I'm driving I have a limit (or I need to stand on the seat and push the gas pedal with a stick)?

View attachment 59825

All I got to say is......

D1817df33673b994fbe9434b14e9d25b

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really @ohanacreek

View attachment 59825

I said it would limit most drivers, the power sports demographic IS a majority of males.

Your wife’s probably a better driver than you anyway.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well guys learn from my mistake (really not mine). The rep that looked at my machine is not budging on his decision on fixing the seal around the crank case or the valve cover due to excessive water. All they come back and say is you are not to go in anything over 10inches. I call total bulls***. Very disappointed in Honda.

Reactions: Chooglin
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well guys learn from my mistake (really not mine). The rep that looked at my machine is not budging on his decision on fixing the seal around the crank case or the valve cover due to excessive water. All they come back and say is you are not to go in anything over 10inches. I call total bulls***. Very disappointed in Honda.

Tell them you went in 9.5 inches of water at 15 miles an hour and it splashed up. But seriously, sounds like they don’t want any more business from you. What dealer is it? Just so I know to stay away

Reactions: Little_g
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Tell them you went in 9.5 inches of water at 15 miles an hour and it splashed up. But seriously, sounds like they don’t want any more business from you. What dealer is it? Just so I know to stay away
The rep that came and looked at my machine has made up his mind and is not going to budge anymore. Both Honda America and the rep said that they are giving me "the benefit of the doubt" and are even covering some of the stuff even tho it is "water damage". I hate to give this place a bad rep (Its in North Dakota) because they did help me before get my headlights fixed when I had issues with those and my dealer that I bought it from wouldn't even touch the machine. So I'm definitely going somewhere else next time. Totally lost my trust in Honda today even crossed my mind to go with another brand after all this.

I forgot to ask the service guy how long that work would be warrantied after its all done. Would anyone know or does that vary by dealer?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It just stinks. You’re probably blacklisted now as your Vin number is probably marked with “likes to ride in deep water.”

I hate that for you. There are some dealers selling vehicles with lift kits and bigger tires and are still offering a warranty.

Reactions: Little_g
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It just stinks. You’re probably blacklisted now as your Vin number is probably marked with “likes to ride in deep water.”

I hate that for you. There are some dealers selling vehicles with lift kits and bigger tires and are still offering a warranty.
Oh I'm sure I am! Thanks for the support. Yes I like to ride water but I don't go looking to find the biggest hole I can go through and I don't ride in water across my seat. Sometimes you get a spot thats a little deeper than others but the machine should be able to handle that! This will be the 3rd time this machine has been in the shop this year. First time at 200(196) miles I complained about the front output shaft, rear output shaft, & rear differential all leaking/seeping oil. Both times each tech was told buy Honda to clean area and to observe and that they wouldn't do anything about it until it was actually leaking onto the skid plate. I thought was total BS. You shouldn't see anything like that coming from those areas. I just know I got a lemon and that hopefully next summer nothing will happen (crossing my fingers).

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh I'm sure I am! Thanks for the support. Yes I like to ride water but I don't go looking to find the biggest hole I can go through and I don't ride in water across my seat. Sometimes you get a spot thats a little deeper than others but the machine should be able to handle that! This will be the 3rd time this machine has been in the shop this year. First time at 200(196) miles I complained about the front output shaft, rear output shaft, & rear differential all leaking/seeping oil. Both times each tech was told buy Honda to clean area and to observe and that they wouldn't do anything about it until it was actually leaking onto the skid plate. I thought was total BS. You shouldn't see anything like that coming from those areas. I just know I got a lemon and that hopefully next summer nothing will happen (crossing my fingers).

Water shouldn’t cause those problems anyway. We’ve got two P1000’s that play in the water a lot and my previous P700 spent a lot of time in the water. I’m 3 for 3 on success with those vehicles. It just doesn’t seem right in your case.

Check these:
My previous P700 is seen here with the new owner. We loved to splash and cool off when it’s 95°

Or hood deep in the P1000
2aa575bed2b80b06fa410d733eedb68b

Both my P1000 and P700 were over the floor board with in the first 10 miles. If I get worried that Hondas can’t do that then I’ll switch to a different brand which would be Yamaha.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Water shouldn’t cause those problems anyway. We’ve got two P1000’s that play in the water a lot and my previous P700 spent a lot of time in the water. I’m 3 for 3 on success with those vehicles. It just doesn’t seem right in your case.

Check these:
My previous P700 is seen here with the new owner. We loved to splash and cool off when it’s 95°

Or hood deep in the P1000
View attachment 59920

Both my P1000 and P700 were over the floor board with in the first 10 miles. If I get worried that Hondas can’t do that then I’ll switch to a different brand which would be Yamaha.

I’ve been in Some deep water with My 07 rancher and my 15 p5 was also in deep water never an issue with them. This 17 is a POS. I ride with other Honda’s and brands and no one else ever experiences these type of issues. So what they are telling me is that you can’t even splash water on a hot engine. Just find it unbelievable

Last edited:
Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!