P500 Moose utility roof install

P

Paradym

Mar 14, 2016
Winter Garden, FL
I'm not super handy and new with owning a UTV. I purchased the Moose utility roof for my p 500 and I'm confused on how to attach it with the p clamps included. Any help on how to attached would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Cowboy22
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club!
Did it come with instructions?
I looked and can find any good pictures of one installed or instructions.
Can you post a pic of what is included. Cant be too difficult to figure out.

P

Paradym

Mar 14, 2016
Winter Garden, FL
Welcome to the club!
Welcome to the club!

Yeah just had to read them a few times. I figured it out. Just took a sec!! Thanks.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Kool.. Could you snap some pictures?
Could save the next person same bit of trouble.
ok..
C-ya on the trial!

P

Paradym

Mar 14, 2016
Winter Garden, FL
Kool.. Could you snap some pictures?
Could save the next person same bit of trouble.
ok..
C-ya on the trial!
Here you go!

14594764068121502053017 14594765274152003988826 1459476565887 1586429737

cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
I have the same roof. Looks like it all worked out well. I noticed with mine that the roof "migrates" during trailering. At first I would bump it back in place when I started riding because the roof would rattle against the roll cage. I got tired of that and zip tied a couple pieces of foam pipe wrap insulation in strategic places. All in all, I love the roof. The price was right and it does the job.

Reactions: Bad_bowtie
Nathan_HogsFan

Nathan_HogsFan

Dec 21, 2015
NE Arkansas
I have this same roof and realized it is a lot quieter and holds in place better if you add a 30 in piece of pipe insulation to the front roof rack and two 12 in pieces on the side!

Reactions: Bad_bowtie
advertisement
GaryG

GaryG

Oct 20, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 500
Are you happy with this moose roof? I was looking at getting one for my 2017 Pioneer 500. it is less than 1/2 of the EMP metal roof. I wanted to know how it is holding up.
Thank you!!

cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
Are you happy with this moose roof? I was looking at getting one for my 2017 Pioneer 500. it is less than 1/2 of the EMP metal roof. I wanted to know how it is holding up.
Thank you!!
GaryG, I like mine fine. If money was not considered, I would probably have went with the Honda roof. I placed pipe insulation under strategic areas to eliminate rattling, it tends to migrate upwards during trailering at highway speeds, it has sharp edges on it that I have scraped my head on several times getting in and out. Other than that, it does the job it was intended, that is, to keep the sun off my head and debris from falling in from the top.

Reactions: GaryG
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you!!
Hey GaryG - FWIW, I have the EMP and am extremely happy with it, I like the lip on the front and rear that act like rain gutters. Top mounts solid with no foam and no rattle. Having said that, I have the Moose folding windshield and am quite pleased with their quality. Good luck on your roof choice.
EMP 02 2 EMP 03 EMP 04 EMP 07

GaryG

GaryG

Oct 20, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 500
Cthack what do you think about putting some trim on the edge to make it not as sharp. I think I would prefer the plastic roof to a metal roof so when tree limbs scratch it you wouldn't see shiny metal or rust through it.

Also do you have a windshield on yours if so where did you get it.

https://www.amazon.com/MATCC-Rubber-Guards-Protector-Protection/dp/B01BWKCUAO?tag=sxsweb24-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NL3YN7O/_encoding=UTF8?tag=sxsweb24-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N9VGGPU/_encoding=UTF8?tag=sxsweb24-20

Thank you,
Gary

GaryG

GaryG

Oct 20, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 500
Hey GaryG - FWIW, I have the EMP and am extremely happy with it, I like the lip on the front and rear that act like rain gutters. Top mounts solid with no foam and no rattle. Having said that, I have the Moose folding windshield and am quite pleased with their quality. Good luck on your roof choice.
View attachment 56872 View attachment 56873 View attachment 56874 View attachment 56875

those EMP are nice looking roofs, they are just a little expensive. where did you get your moose windshield i like that. do they scratch easily?

cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
Cthack what do you think about putting some trim on the edge to make it not as sharp. I think I would prefer the plastic roof to a metal roof so when tree limbs scratch it you wouldn't see shiny metal or rust through it.

Also do you have a windshield on yours if so where did you get it.

https://www.amazon.com/MATCC-Rubber-Guards-Protector-Protection/dp/B01BWKCUAO?tag=sxsweb24-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NL3YN7O/_encoding=UTF8?tag=sxsweb24-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N9VGGPU/_encoding=UTF8?tag=sxsweb24-20

Thank you,
Gary
I am sure the rubber would work well. You may not have a problem. I am taller than average and tend to scape my head on things all the time. Getting in and out I have to watch it. I do have a half windshield, don’t remember where I got it. Shopped around. Living in the south, I didn’t need a full windshield. The half allows for plenty of airflow in the summer and I bundle up in the winter. It does seem to keep some of the brush out of the cab. I mostly hunt with mine, I run through a lot of brush that tends to collect in my cab.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
those EMP are nice looking roofs, they are just a little expensive. where did you get your moose windshield i like that. do they scratch easily?
Right, the EMP roof is not the cheapest, but it is less expensive than OEM and so far I haven't seen any bare metal from scratches.

I got my moose windshield from Bama Powersports in Oxford, AL when I got my P500. I don't think it is hard coated so it is likely to scratch. Living in Alabama, I leave it in the folded half windshield position most of the time. Additionally, I have set the windshield about 1-1/2 inches above the hood which allows easy removal of the hood, and seems to help with the dust vortex so many people complain about.

Now it's up to you for the real fun...Trying to figure out what items you want to put on your machine. Obviously it's all personal preference which is what makes the Honda line so great. Personally I am happy with what I have done so far, and would never knock the approach taken by someone else. Like the saying "There's more than one way to skin a cat".

Reactions: GaryG and cthack
advertisement