P500 Moose utility roof install

GaryG

GaryG

Oct 20, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 500
I ordered a moose roof. I'm still on the fence about a windshield. I may try it this winter without one. The places we ride around home are pretty overgrown with briers and tree limbs and I think I would destroy a windshield. maybe if we get the trails knocked down some more one would last. there is a place around home about 65 miles from me that makes windshields i was trying to find out more about their windsheids too. dot weld in Jackson, KY

GaryG

GaryG

Oct 20, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 500
So I mostly have the moose roof installed. It came with a third “P” clip to go on the front center. You have to drill a hole for it.

Is this clip needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryG

GaryG

Oct 20, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 500
So I mostly have the moose roof installed. It came with a third “P” clip to go on the front center. You have to drill a hole for it.

Is this clip needed.

793ff8eb5b37b0c0178484128236be6e

D

Deleted member 3748

You guys that have the Moose roof... is it sturdy enough to mount a light bar on top of it?

GaryG

GaryG

Oct 20, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 500
You guys that have the Moose roof... is it sturdy enough to mount a light bar on top of it?

I’d recommend putting on a metal plate or some big washers on the bolts to prevent it from pulling through the roof.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

I’d recommend putting on a metal plate or some big washers on the bolts to prevent it from pulling through the roof.

That's no problem. Just wondering if it would bounce around a lot.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I did not put the center clamp on as my windshield is tucked under the front edge and I didn't want to drill through it. Also if putting a lightbar on it would need a backing plate.

GaryG

GaryG

Oct 20, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 500
That's no problem. Just wondering if it would bounce around a lot.

I think they would bounce a little more than mountain them to the roll bars.

I think you could probably put some clamps on the frame and attach to the clamps through the roof.

D

Deleted member 3748

I think they would bounce a little more than mountain them to the roll bars.

I think you could probably put some clamps on the frame and attach to the clamps through the roof.

I'll probably go with the EMP roof instead.

advertisement
H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
IMG 0866 IMG 0819 I have the Moose roof also, as it allowed me to design the folding windshield that lays on top of the Moose flat roof design and a quick release rear lexan back screen. I didn't use that 3rd clamp you mentioned, drives fine without it and I drive 70mph down the highway when it's loaded in the back of my truck with no ill effects on the Moose roof. Some other roofs look better, but I like the Moose roof for simplicity and durability.

Reactions: GaryG
GaryG

GaryG

Oct 20, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 58156 View attachment 58155 I have the Moose roof also, as it allowed me to design the folding windshield that lays on top of the Moose flat roof design and a quick release rear lexan back screen. I didn't use that 3rd clamp you mentioned, drives fine without it and I drive 70mph down the highway when it's loaded in the back of my truck with no ill effects on the Moose roof. Some other roofs look better, but I like the Moose roof for simplicity and durability.

What brand windshield is that. Do you lave a link to where you bought it?

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I'll probably go with the EMP roof instead.
@PistonHonda, If you haven't replaced your roof yet, I think you'll be happy with the EMP, I haven't got any complaints about mine. Low profile, doesn't rattle, I also like the little rain gutter front and rear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 3748