P500 More comfortable...P500 or ATV?

C

Chadwick1968

Oct 7, 2018
Angola la
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Added power steering to P500, now less soreness in sholder/neck muscles from tight trail riding. So easy can do one handed steering. (Neck nerve/disc replacement).
Where you order your power steering from

Reactions: Mudder
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where you order your power steering from

There are two options for the P500 that I know of.

EZ Steer and Tusk

EZ Steer is from SuperATV
Tusk is from Rocky Mountain ATV

If memory serves at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

So you went from annihilation back peddling all the way to it’s more comfortable essentially. As Trigger said 4x4’s and SxS’s are two different things entirely. I’m going to cut my losses in keystrokes here and just walk away now.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah, there was a lot of holes in that post. No Tacoma, Wrangler or Samurai is going to fit on the trails I run. On the wider ones I've watched them take turns fighting it up a deeply rutted hill and after all the drama I just straddled their ruts and putted up that hill. They're two totally different sports. I'm up
Agreed. 2 great but different experiences that have some similarities. And you don't have to spend $20k on a SxS.

S

SLP82

Oct 22, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
So you went from annihilation back peddling all the way to it’s more comfortable essentially. As Trigger said 4x4’s and SxS’s are two different things entirely. I’m going to cut my losses in keystrokes here and just walk away now.

Yeah, when I punched a hole in your horsepower to weight ratio with the Tundra, you didn't have much more to say on that either. Guess keeping quiet is better than back peddling huh?

Down here in Texas, SxS play and ride the exact same trails that Wranglers, Tacomas and 4x4s ride/play. We all intermingle here, so you have the exact same experience be it in a side by side or 4x4. ATVs and SxS are two different things as well. He was asking about two different things because he seemed to be looking for the most comfortable. I offered him a 3rd option for superior comfort over either of the other two options. That is all. If his intentions is to get out in the woods, mountains, or nature in general, and socialize with friendly like minded people, what does it matter if its in a side by side or a Jeep Wrangler? Fun is fun. I would be more concerned about him not having any pain during the experience and be able to enjoy it with out worrying how he will feel tomorrow.

To the original poster, if you don't have a width restriction where you ride, and the trails have full size side by sides on them, I recommend you find a local jeep or Toyota club (they are every where) and go ride along with them sometime. Just like SxS groups they are usually very friendly and I am sure they would be willing to let you tag along, I know I would. Then you can see for yourself and feel for yourself what you prefer. Ultimately it comes down to what you want.

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Different strokes for different folks. Dealing with 50 inch restricted trails in a 500. Fun factor of 10x if you do the math.
4 yr. old granddaughter just flew in from out of state for the holiday and looking to make some good SxS memories. Merry Christmas to all.

B

Blackdawg

Nov 23, 2016
Kentucky Lake, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
If it’s cold, or raining, p500 with windshield/roof and rear panel is a pleasure. I think height and weight could be a big factor. I am 5’10” 185, my left leg is cramped on long rides and is very uncomfortable. Wheelers are nice if it’s warm and dry.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
i played with a jeep about the first ten years, pioneer reminds me alot of it actually, we have a ton of mud and tight trails, but any of those jeeps or trucks, only went as fast as the suspension will allow, which isnt much even on modified ones you are putting around like you have to do on a pioneer. your comparing really to the worst riding ones, there are a hundred other quads and utvs that you can leave the trucks in the dust while being comfortable. the outlander was the best for hills, grizzy is soft but too short. outlander max is wide and long has a ton of power rides decent, one of the best really, i just didnt like the maintenance, mine went 72 over just about what ever you want and you could go maybe 10 with the jeep over the same crap

RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Hopefully, on day I can catch someone with Fox/Evans shocks on a P500 for me to try before I buy, :)
From my experience, I wouldn't own the P-500 without the addition of the Walker Evans shocks and the larger tires.....made a world of difference in handling, comfort and speed, and for an old guy like me, all worth the price.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!