jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Maybe the dip is where the Kool Aid is kept. :rolleyes:

Seriously though without going into a lengthy scientific engineering diatribe, the header needs to be a certain length to provide the correct backpressure combined with the muffler as designed for the factory tuning. When a machine is only so long and the engine is near the back they have to snake the pipe around to get the appropriate length. Kind of the opposite of the intake where if you could get "clean" cold air a short velocity stack with no air filter is optimal (not for anything off a dragstrip though) for the least amount of restriction on the intake, the exhaust is the opposite to a degree, while you want it to flow freely you simply would not put a muffler on a 6" header pipe straight out the back of a reverse flow head.
i understand that but that monstrosity that Honda calls a cat and muffler is redicuals I think with that dip out of the exhaust up the size 1/4 inch and a free flow it could really wake up the p5

shakemandril

shakemandril

Jul 27, 2014
Four Corners
I would like to have more HP on my rig. I currently run some 25" Sedona Ripsaws and up at my stomping grounds I'm constantly having to shift between 3rd and 2nd going up the mountain passes. My other rig (stock tires) doesn't have quite as much trouble and rarely has to shift out of 3rd on the same trails. I don't think it needs a ton more HP, just enough to run the larger tires the same as the stock ones or maybe just a little better.

Reactions: ohanacreek
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
What im saying is i have the hmf kit on me rancher and it is day and night what we need is a stage 1 kit for the pioneer yes we can go the custom route but that always costs more in the end yes we can go with the auto afr and custom exhaust but again thwt costs more what we need is a major company to jump onboard so it doesnt cost us p5 owners more for more power im 100000% that when hmf get their kit done everyone will be 100% happy

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Next we need walker evans or fox or progressive to make a shock kit

Reactions: SBuckJ
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Emails phone calls damn snail mail guys i cant do this alone its to the piont im on all their block lists

Reactions: bobbyhill
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Emails phone calls damn snail mail guys i cant do this alone its to the piont im on all their block lists

Have you tried using other phone numbers and Different voices @jak9922!

Reactions: p500fan and jak9922
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @Road-Kill !!

Reactions: Road-Kill
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Have you tried using other phone numbers and Different voices @jak9922!

LOL Hire a telemarketing service for 30 days from India and have them call nonstop during business hours. They will either pay them off, hire an answering service, or offer the products you are begging for.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LOL Hire a telemarketing service for 30 days from India and have them call nonstop during business hours. They will either pay them off, hire an answering service, or offer the products you are begging for.

I was going to say outsource it to India.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'd have to disagree with your thoughts about CVT machines needing more horsepower because of belt slippage. I've had many machines with a CVT and can wholeheartedly assure you there is no belt slippage if everything is in good shape. Some Honda fans like to talk about CVT's always burning/smoking belts, which makes me think none of them have ever owned one. Are CVT systems perfect? No. However, I can go up the steepest incline I dare climb on my RZR - no smell of belt, ever.

I think the P500 is a cool little machine and might end up with one some day, but this garbage about how belts are terrible and always smoking, burning and breaking drives me crazy. Its not true at all. If repeating falsehoods about other machines makes you feel better about the p500, carry on.
WOW!!! Sensitive?

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I prove it with me rancher 420 i wish i could do a stock to not comparison for them and everyone else it really is night and day it might not be high rpm hp but off idle throttle /torque is insane

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
We need more ppl to tell them this is whats needed its to the point they ignore myemails and calls so we need all you guys to email and call them

Reactions: JCart
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We need more ppl to tell them this is whats needed its to the point they ignore myemails and calls so we need all you guys to email and call them
Will do!

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So im just wondering if anyone has done any mods to the P5 yet to create more horse power? Not saying it doesnt have enough already but im like Tim Taylor Everything is better with more horse power!

The easiest and more fun way to double HP in P500 is to find another P500 rider and go for a ride together. Nothing is better then have a good friend with you on a trail :)

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500

Agree with you jak... Last summer I contacted Dobeck Performance about a fuel controller, sent them plug pix of injector and mid plug in wiring harness, ECM pix too as well as Honda wiring schematic. Hopefully a fuel controller will be developed, not pestered them for a while now, but agree they (aftermarket developers) need to feel there will be positive cash flow in their business models. The more guys that ask them indicate demand.

I don't want a huge increase in power or torque, I've installed 26x11x12 AMS Slingshots with 212 ITP 5 by 2 aftermarket wheels. E.g., 6% sustained uphill grade and there is not enough Hp/ torque to pull in 5th and 4th there is a tendency to over rev (I think) this is where we need just a little more bottom to mid range ponies and twist, to pull in higher gears with larger tires.

Experienced really positive results with my 2001 Honda Rubi, jet kit, K&N filter and aftermarket exhaust made a significant difference.

I'll shoot the guys at Dobeck an e-mail tomorrow....

jrc

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
So I sent Dillion (sales department) at Dobeck Performance a note and asked If they'd made headway on developing a fuel controller for the P500. He thought the P 700 would work but was gonna confirm and get back to me in the next week or so.

Ok so next I'm thinking exhaust.... Anyone spoken to aftermarket or know of aftermarket development for P500? I'm thinking the muffler is already developed (from other Honda products) its just what to do with the catalytic converter, 02 censor and hangers.

jrc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!