Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So I sent Dillion (sales department) at Dobeck Performance a note and asked If they'd made headway on developing a fuel controller for the P500. He thought the P 700 would work but was gonna confirm and get back to me in the next week or so.

Ok so next I'm thinking exhaust.... Anyone spoken to aftermarket or know of aftermarket development for P500? I'm thinking the muffler is already developed (from other Honda products) its just what to do with the catalytic converter, 02 censor and hangers.

jrc

This works on a P500:

Dynojet Power Commander V Fuel and Ignition Control | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

No I do not have one, just listed as it fits. It is programmed per machine via USB cable and their software.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
So I sent Dillion (sales department) at Dobeck Performance a note and asked If they'd made headway on developing a fuel controller for the P500. He thought the P 700 would work but was gonna confirm and get back to me in the next week or so.

Ok so next I'm thinking exhaust.... Anyone spoken to aftermarket or know of aftermarket development for P500? I'm thinking the muffler is already developed (from other Honda products) its just what to do with the catalytic converter, 02 censor and hangers.

jrc
I talked to hmf more then a few times they told me that they would have one ready back in july lol but i guess now they are still looking for someone to bring a p5 to them for testing and fitmemt

Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
This works on a P500:

Dynojet Power Commander V Fuel and Ignition Control | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

No I do not have one, just listed as it fits. It is programmed per machine via USB cable and their software.

I have, as probably many on here have, used Dynojet Power Commander's on my motorcycles. They normally do come with a group of pre-set files, and of course, one does have the option of setting their own parameters. But the trick is that one really NEEDS access to a dyno to actually know whether they are making improvements or hurting performance. That part is extremely hard to tell without a lot of documented test runs. Seat-of-the-pants is a poor gauge, and often misleading.

I found that paying one good turner (with their own dyno) one time to make the changes for me was money saved. In fact, now have one Dynojet kit stored in the bottom drawer of a file cabinet.

Reactions: jak9922
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I have, as probably many on here have, used Dynojet Power Commander's on my motorcycles. They normally do come with a group of pre-set files, and of course, one does have the option of setting their own parameters. But the trick is that one really NEEDS access to a dyno to actually know whether they are making improvements or hurting performance. That part is extremely hard to tell without a lot of documented test runs. Seat-of-the-pants is a poor gauge, and often misleading.

I found that paying one good turner (with their own dyno) one time to make the changes for me was money saved. In fact, now have one Dynojet kit stored in the bottom drawer of a file cabinet.
Perfectly said on there website they only have 1 file and thats for stock filter and exhaust

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the insight guys. Let you know how I make out with Dobeck Performance. I think they have an O2 monitor that screws into the O2 port and this provides feedback on there fuel controller settings?

With EFI and O2 sensor loop, not sure how much increased ponies and torque a fuel controller makes? I think it adjusts fuel tables via intercepting inputs to/from ECM I think is how it works? I don't think there are provisions to change timing, it's just fuel side of equation as far as I know.

I know with my old school Rubi changing jets, different air filter and a slip on exhaust gave it considerable bottom to mid Hp and torque. If I could get similar I'd be pleased.

Thanks again,

jrc

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I talked to hmf more then a few times they told me that they would have one ready back in july lol but i guess now they are still looking for someone to bring a p5 to them for testing and fitmemt
Where are they based out of? Geez someone on here or the other site must be close by no?

jrc

D

Deleted member 3748

Get rid of that restrictive snorkel *boom* your HP is back! :D

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Get rid of that restrictive snorkel *boom* your HP is back! :D
After some beer induced study and air flow observation (and several portions of chilli beans ingested), it actually increases the ram effect into the air box. As the airflow covers over the cab it increases in velocity, (in fact without the front custom stix stoppers I dare say it might obtain lift off under full throttle now), much like a plane wing. Now by having the intake strategically placed just over 1/2 way up the rear cab it takes advantage of the increased air velocity and rams it down into the expansion chamber. As the air is cooler (and dense, much like the owner), when it reaches the expansion chamber, due to the ram effect it is stacked under pressure waiting for ingestion into the airbox and head, think of it as an atmospheric turbo, supercharged by design....I've noted 60 ft test run reduction in times by a factor roughly proportional to cocktails consumed.

jrc

D

Deleted member 3748

After some beer induced study and air flow observation (and several portions of chilli beans ingested), it actually increases the ram effect into the air box. As the airflow covers over the cab it increases in velocity, (in fact without the front custom stix stoppers I dare say it might obtain lift off under full throttle now), much like a plane wing. Now by having the intake strategically placed just over 1/2 way up the rear cab it takes advantage of the increased air velocity and rams it down into the expansion chamber. As the air is cooler (and dense, much like the owner), when it reaches the expansion chamber, due to the ram effect it is stacked under pressure waiting for ingestion into the airbox and head, think of it as an atmospheric turbo, supercharged by design....I've noted 60 ft test run reduction in times by a factor roughly proportional to cocktails consumed.

jrc

LOL I wonder what kind of gains I would see with the intake in front of my wife's mouth while she's yapping.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
jak9922 Intake link pix for reference
Dropbox - P5 intake.jpeg

Now now Piston...let's not get the estrogens involved, referenced, noted or otherwise recognized either positively and especially otherwise..... Shh...shhh, they can sense, feel it (meaning: discussions about them, under the little spoken but globally universal estrogens' unit mandate).
I prefer to think "happy wife, happy life" and let my every action reflect this notion.... Mm 'k ok rule... guide my destiny!

jrc

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

Intake pix for reference
P5%20intake.jpeg

Pic is broken.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I think i need to drink to understand that lol

D

Deleted member 3748

Intake pix for reference
P5%20intake.jpeg
I can see the pic if I copy the link and go to it directly. That's one of the best snorkel installations I've seen on this site. Nice work!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
jak9922 Intake link pix for reference
Dropbox - P5 intake.jpeg

Now now Piston...let's not get the estrogens involved, referenced, noted or otherwise recognized either positively and especially otherwise..... Shh...shhh, they can sense, feel it (meaning: discussions about them, under the little spoken but globally universal estrogens' unit mandate).
I prefer to think "happy wife, happy life" and let my every action reflect this notion.... Mm 'k ok rule... guide my destiny!

jrc
@JCart i am totally using your design that is an awesome snorkel great job

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks and glad to help. I messed with a couple versions and the reason for the larger diameter section was to act as a resonator, in an effort to reduce intake noise. Just straight diameter pipe is pretty harsh and choppy noise wise and the resonator helped. Still not as quiet as stock but think that's just a function of it being closer to your ear. Not sure how I could make it quieter, still thinking about it.....

jrc

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotta get more air in there. Without any extra, a fuel controller is worthless except as a paper weight.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Gotta get more air in there. Without any extra, a fuel controller is worthless except as a paper weight.
Thats not 100% the stock ecu can compensate + and - a bit which is how they can sell it with the same settings at all elevations

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!