Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
40mph? My 2018 p500 maxes at 37 at most. Pushed it to 40 for a couple miles on a blacktop shoulder & it started cutting out. I’m assuming due to temp as it didn’t seem to have a speed limiter.
It does have speed and rev limiters, my speed limiter engages at 41 mph.

Reactions: JaFreem
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
My new SunF Power II tires gave me the added traction/clearance to get up hills I used to spin on. I run mine at 7psi in the rough/loose stuff and they bite well.

happyfred

happyfred

Mar 20, 2019
NY
Ownership

1. 500
From what I have read,the P500 makes about 28rwhp. I don't see a valid reason to make it more. There just isn't bang for the buck..but..maybe something like a Magnum Dyno Boost Performance chip might be good for everyday riding.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My new SunF Power II tires gave me the added traction/clearance to get up hills I used to spin on. I run mine at 7psi in the rough/loose stuff and they bite well.
I'm looking at the ITP Terra Hooks, made in the good ole USA ! $165.00 + $20.00 mounted on bead lock rims. Check them out and let me know what you think! Running the ITP Black Waters now and have never busted a tire or had a flat?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm looking at the ITP Terra Hooks, made in the good ole USA ! $165.00 + $20.00 mounted on bead lock rims. Check them out and let me know what you think! Running the ITP Black Waters now and have never busted a tire or had a flat?
Had to Google it, but good looking tires. Those ones that @Tigermark was running look good as well. Evil or something like that...

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Had to Google it, but good looking tires. Those ones that @Tigermark was running look good as well. Evil or something like that...
Think I'll give them a try.

Reactions: DG Rider
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Those
Those look really nice!

B

BCmedic85

Oct 26, 2017
WV
Ownership

1. 500
My thinking, the ability to adjust fuel delivery is awesome, thank you Dobeck. This is only part of the equation we need provisions for addition air (meaning intake AND exhaust) capacity. Also given air/fuel ratio is metered via an O2 sensor loop, I'd think additional exhaust flow capacity would be critical for any meaningful gains? I looked at the stock exhaust and it appears it's a one piece unit, with limited room to cut off or gut the cat (I know enviro blastphamy), and fit with a slip on muffler, say one for a Rubicon. Interesting with an O2 sensor and fuel controller you should be able to meter with some precision. Hopefully Big Gun or others develop a solution soon.

jrc
With the air/ fuel ratio being metered via an O2 sensor loop, would you be able to trick the sensor with one of those spark plug defauler things people put together to put in between the pipe and O2 sensor? My thinking is on vehicles with check engine lights and bad cat converters they put them in there to raise the O2 level in the exhaust and trick the vehicles computer into thinking the cats are working properly. I was thinking on the pioneer if you make it think there is more O2 and leaner then it would have no choice but to add more fuel? Just my thinking not exactly sure how the fuel air loop works on our pioneers.

advertisement
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
With the air/ fuel ratio being metered via an O2 sensor loop, would you be able to trick the sensor with one of those spark plug defauler things people put together to put in between the pipe and O2 sensor? My thinking is on vehicles with check engine lights and bad cat converters they put them in there to raise the O2 level in the exhaust and trick the vehicles computer into thinking the cats are working properly. I was thinking on the pioneer if you make it think there is more O2 and leaner then it would have no choice but to add more fuel? Just my thinking not exactly sure how the fuel air loop works on our pioneers.
Sorry BCmedic85 I’m not familiar with the gizmo you are referring to. I did replace my muffler and Cat probably a year ago now and it has ran fine, albeit a little louder. Seems to have a little better low to mid and maybe breathes a little better, hard to tell being seat o’ the pants meter. At some point would be nice to install a programmer, just not in the cards at the moment.
Cheers, stay safe.

Reactions: Smitty335
B

BCmedic85

Oct 26, 2017
WV
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry BCmedic85 I’m not familiar with the gizmo you are referring to. I did replace my muffler and Cat probably a year ago now and it has ran fine, albeit a little louder. Seems to have a little better low to mid and maybe breathes a little better, hard to tell being seat o’ the pants meter. At some point would be nice to install a programmer, just not in the cards at the moment.
Cheers, stay safe.
Here is a YouTube video that explains and shows the spark plug non foulers on the O2 sensor if that helps. I was thinking if you do this to trick the sensor into thinking there is more O2 therefor more lean than normal the system would add more fuel maybe.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks @BCmedic85 interesting. Not sure if that would work or not. Gonna keep saving pennies for Dobeck AFR I think.

Reactions: trigger
Timmy

Timmy

May 22, 2016
Elkview, West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I have no complaints with my P-5. I love mine. Mine is mostly stock other than the 27” Super Swamper Vampire 2’s. I have even drug and pushed huge tree’s out of the trails,

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!