BOX1

My Honda Talon 1000X4 LV Upgrades (with TURBO and PORTALS!)

• Thread starter Reaction Offroad UTV
  • Start date
Reaction Offroad UTV

Reaction Offroad UTV

Feb 20, 2021
Colorado
youtube.com
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Hey all! I don't post much on here but I wanted to share what I have done with my Talon so far and what products I used. You can also see videos of it and the groups we ride with and film. We try to make as many videos as possible as often as possible!

My YouTube Channel - Please feel free to like and subscribe to see all the new footage we are planning to release this season and every season going forward!

Action Offroad UTV

To start, I did purchase the Kraftwerks Turbo Kit and I have to say its pretty impressive! The install took me about 7 hours and I have never done anything like this. All in all it was pretty simple. I am using the tune from PPEI which includes updated shift points for more efficiency and the jerky gas pedal is all but gone now. Erik at PPEI is awesome! Here is the link to the kit:

Kraftwerks Turbo Kit

I also installed the GDP 4" Dual-Idler Portals which has given my added ride height, base width and clearance. I am beyond happy with these so far. I purchased these through Dell's Deals along with the Frame Stiffener, the Half Inch Skid Plate and 35" Maxxis Roxxzilla tires so they gave me a really good deal for the package deal. Here is the link to the Portals on the SATV website.

GDP 4" Dual-Idler Portals

I got my Turn Signals and Horn Kit through TurnPro UTV. The owners name is Grant Gamble and he's one hell of a guy. They sell all kinds of parts and accessories. Great company and great people! Here is the link to his website:

TurnPro UTV Signal Kits

I went from stock tires to System 3 SB5 wheels with a 5/2 offset to 32" STI Chicane RX tires and jsut upgraded those to the 35% Maxxis Roxxzilla Tires with the Sticky Compound. Man, what a difference these made in Moab last week on my first test run!

Last, my custom cage is from WarHead Offroad (the Titan model) and I can tell you that in my opinion it is the toughest and best looking cage out there. It also has the spare tire mount with a 200lb shock so you can raise it up to get into your bed box. They are based out of West Virginia and the owner's name is Chris Reynolds. He is one Hell of a guy and good at what he does. He makes cages, rock sliders, bumpers, full custom everything. He is designing like crazy and is getting ready to release some new products of which I will get the first ones made. Ill be sure to share them when I get them in the next week or so. Here is the link to his website:

WarHead Offroad

Check out the pics of the build below as well!

Thanks for looking!

Josh Polk
Action Offroad UTV

Talon  Turbo Cage 3

Talon  Turbo Cage 4

Talon  Turbo Cage 1

Talon  Turbo Cage 2

Talon  Turbo Cage 5

Talon  Turbo Cage 6
Talon  Turbo Cage 7

R

rickram

Jan 4, 2023
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Beautiful machine.

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
Hey all! I don't post much on here but I wanted to share what I have done with my Talon so far and what products I used. You can also see videos of it and the groups we ride with and film. We try to make as many videos as possible as often as possible!

My YouTube Channel - Please feel free to like and subscribe to see all the new footage we are planning to release this season and every season going forward!

Action Offroad UTV

To start, I did purchase the Kraftwerks Turbo Kit and I have to say its pretty impressive! The install took me about 7 hours and I have never done anything like this. All in all it was pretty simple. I am using the tune from PPEI which includes updated shift points for more efficiency and the jerky gas pedal is all but gone now. Erik at PPEI is awesome! Here is the link to the kit:

Kraftwerks Turbo Kit

I also installed the GDP 4" Dual-Idler Portals which has given my added ride height, base width and clearance. I am beyond happy with these so far. I purchased these through Dell's Deals along with the Frame Stiffener, the Half Inch Skid Plate and 35" Maxxis Roxxzilla tires so they gave me a really good deal for the package deal. Here is the link to the Portals on the SATV website.

GDP 4" Dual-Idler Portals

I got my Turn Signals and Horn Kit through TurnPro UTV. The owners name is Grant Gamble and he's one hell of a guy. They sell all kinds of parts and accessories. Great company and great people! Here is the link to his website:

TurnPro UTV Signal Kits

I went from stock tires to System 3 SB5 wheels with a 5/2 offset to 32" STI Chicane RX tires and jsut upgraded those to the 35% Maxxis Roxxzilla Tires with the Sticky Compound. Man, what a difference these made in Moab last week on my first test run!

Last, my custom cage is from WarHead Offroad (the Titan model) and I can tell you that in my opinion it is the toughest and best looking cage out there. It also has the spare tire mount with a 200lb shock so you can raise it up to get into your bed box. They are based out of West Virginia and the owner's name is Chris Reynolds. He is one Hell of a guy and good at what he does. He makes cages, rock sliders, bumpers, full custom everything. He is designing like crazy and is getting ready to release some new products of which I will get the first ones made. Ill be sure to share them when I get them in the next week or so. Here is the link to his website:

WarHead Offroad

Check out the pics of the build below as well!

Thanks for looking!

Josh Polk
Action Offroad UTV

View attachment 331495
View attachment 331496
View attachment 331497

View attachment 331498

View attachment 331499

View attachment 331500 View attachment 331501
how bad is the steering with those portals and 35? I’m looking into get a 4 seater and do the same thing

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!