P1000 My hot rod

JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Brought home my 2016 1000-5 tonight and started the mods. Gave her a set of 28" Swamp Lites on 14" STI HD Alloys. Sitting in my garage waiting for install: OEM Roof, OEM 1 Piece windshield, Rear view mirrow, KFI Stealth Wide 4500lb winch, and vinyl tailgate lettering. I had the dealer swap over my LED headlights from the 700-4 that I traded in.

Future mods: Red Honda side panels, Curved light bar either just under the roof or just above the hood, haven't decided yet. Heat shield under the seat, longer tailgate wires, Big gun slip on exhaust.

At the dealer:
Pioneer1000

Coming home:
Honda2
Honda1

In the garage with new shoes:
Honda3

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Brought home my 2016 1000-5 tonight and started the mods. Gave her a set of 28" Swamp Lites on 14" STI HD Alloys. Sitting in my garage waiting for install: OEM Roof, OEM 1 Piece windshield, Rear view mirrow, KFI Stealth Wide 4500lb winch, and vinyl tailgate lettering. I had the dealer swap over my LED headlights from the 700-4 that I traded in.

Future mods: Red Honda side panels, Curved light bar either just under the roof or just above the hood, haven't decided yet. Heat shield under the seat, longer tailgate wires, Big gun slip on exhaust.

At the dealer:
View attachment 46941

Coming home:
View attachment 46939 View attachment 46938

View attachment 46940
Looking good. Now it's time to let the real fun begin. Keep us updated.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

At the dealer:
View attachment 46941

Coming home:
View attachment 46939 View attachment 46938

View attachment 46940
Youre off to a great start. Let us know how the Swamplites work on the p1k. I got a set on my foreman and like them very much. Much better than the mudlites I had previously.

JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got a bit done this afternoon while the boy napped. Got the vinyl lettering on, love these. Had a red set on my 700-4 but wanted to jazz it up a bit this time. Great value and easy install for $14.
Honda4

Honda5

Also got the Honda 1 piece windshield put on, first time for me using Honda's clamp system. Pretty easy install overall. I installed a SuperATV 2 piece fold-up windshield on our 700-4 and that was a pain with just one person and no clamp system.
Honda6

Worked on the hard roof, got all the clamps and brackets assembled and loosely secured, now I'll have to wait for the wife to get home and have her help me get it up there for final mounting. Definitely easy installing the brackets and clamps but I don't see how one person could complete the install without a pulley or hoist system maybe.
Honda7

Was going to put my rear view mirror on that I used on my 700-4, only to find out the round brackets are too small. So, now I'm shopping and deciding whether I want to spend the $85 bucks on the Honda OEM mirror or a cheap-o one like I had, I had no issues with it so I'll probably go that route, unless I can find some larger round brackets and make the old one work.

Still waiting on my KFI aluminum Hawse fairlead to get here before I do the winch install. On my 700-4 I installed the winch with the rollers before the hawse fairlead arrived and had a terrible time taking everything apart again so I could install it, so, this time, I'll wait.

Thanks for tuning in!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Fun isn't it?!?!?

JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the roof put on, after much swearing I realized I had installed the two rear clamps backwards. Other than that, my only other gripe would be to read the directions very closely and tighten everything down unless they specifically say to leave it loose. The front corner brackets were a PIA to get to with a tiny allen wrench to tighten them after the roof was already in place. I had to get my wife with her tiny hands in there to get them snug. Then it was Miller time until the it's time to install the winch and rear view mirror!
Honda8

Honda9

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How far up in "Northern NY" are you?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am jealous :(

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from WV coming along nicely

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got a bit done this afternoon while the boy napped. Got the vinyl lettering on, love these. Had a red set on my 700-4 but wanted to jazz it up a bit this time. Great value and easy install for $14.
View attachment 47003
View attachment 47004
Also got the Honda 1 piece windshield put on, first time for me using Honda's clamp system. Pretty easy install overall. I installed a SuperATV 2 piece fold-up windshield on our 700-4 and that was a pain with just one person and no clamp system.
View attachment 47005
Worked on the hard roof, got all the clamps and brackets assembled and loosely secured, now I'll have to wait for the wife to get home and have her help me get it up there for final mounting. Definitely easy installing the brackets and clamps but I don't see how one person could complete the install without a pulley or hoist system maybe.
View attachment 47006

Was going to put my rear view mirror on that I used on my 700-4, only to find out the round brackets are too small. So, now I'm shopping and deciding whether I want to spend the $85 bucks on the Honda OEM mirror or a cheap-o one like I had, I had no issues with it so I'll probably go that route, unless I can find some larger round brackets and make the old one work.

Still waiting on my KFI aluminum Hawse fairlead to get here before I do the winch install. On my 700-4 I installed the winch with the rollers before the hawse fairlead arrived and had a terrible time taking everything apart again so I could install it, so, this time, I'll wait.

Thanks for tuning in!
Looking good. Putting the roof on or taking off by yourself can be a real pita. But it can be done.i have this mirror so far so good.

Amazon.com: UTV RZR GATOR Ranger YXZ universal Rear View / Side View Mirror 1.75 clamp #693-3553-00 by Bad Dawg: Automotive

Reactions: trigger
JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been a few days since my last update, was on a marathon of 4 doubles. I spent my last two days off installing the winch, and surprisingly, the rear view mirror I ordered came super fast, so I got that on as well.
Winch install was relatively easy until I broke the ground post off from the contact solenoid. Luckily, my buddy had one from a Warn winch that burnt out the motor, so only a minor delay. I popped the death placard off and am going to use that area for switches. I also mounted the wired remote plug here as well. I know the plug and switches aren't even and level, etc. I didn't think they were too bad for eyeballing it.
Honda10
Honda11
Honda12
Honda13

This is most of the mods that I'll be doing for now until my play funds increase, however I do have a hand operated windshield wiper coming that I'm hoping will go on nicely.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Coming together nicely.

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on