Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I finally got my under seat cooling bilge fan and PID controller installed and working. Another item knocked off the "to do" list. Fan pulls air from below the drivers knees and is controlled by a PID auto controller with a thermocouple sensor under the seat. At a selected and driver adjustable set point, the fan controller starts the fan and draws cool air through the intake duct. Air then enters the fan and flows through ae exhaust duct up and underneath the seat through a plenum and then flows out the back of the plenum and is directed back to the exhaust side of the engine and out from there. I have not tried this in super hot weather, but the temperature seems to be better regulated and less heat comes through the seat bottom. I have the option to add a second fan as needed.
Sounds like you went through a lot of stuff to get rid of the summer heat, think you will miss the heat in the winter. I just hung a fan blowing across the headers with a toggle switch, summer heat gone, winter heat still here?

mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Smitty335,

Oh, I have that covered. The fan is completely controllable, I can set it to come on at any "on" temperature that I desire. With the PID controller I can set the fan to come on at a higher temp or not at all in the winter. The nice thing about a PID control is once set, it is fully automatic and operator configurable. I can still get all the heat I want in the winter. In the summer, the fan will come on at a much lower temp, without me having to do anything except change the set point. All based on the thermosensor under the seat. Probably overkill for some folks, but I like "gadgets" like this.

mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is the controller that I bought and used. The ONLY issue with this controller is that it is not water resistant, so mount it and protect it accordingly. Mine is mounted relatively high in the dashboard, but I must be careful when pressure washing under the hood. I got it wet one time and it had to dry out before it would work again. The case has cooling vents so it needs air circulation to cool the components inside.

Inkbird ITC-106RL PID Temperature Controller Thermostat Relay Output AC DC 12 to 24V F and C Display

Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MS138DM/?tag=sxsweb24-20

62267117769  D1E3202D 3BC4 4C25 8175 932C60EDAF96

mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Baby Gets a New Pair of Shoes! Finally got the nerve to pull the trigger on a new set of wheels and tires for my Pioneer 1000-5. Went back and forth for months debating about size, style, offset and all the other issues that we worry about. About the only thing not in question was the "Bronze" color. Landed on the System 3 SB4 Beadlock wheels and System 3 RT320 DOT 8 ply radials. Same size all around but I did go with a 6+1 offset on front and 4+3 on the rear. These offsets gave me the identical width as the stock machine in front and just a little less than stock in the rear. Now the front and rear tracks are almost identical. I like the look of a single size tire all around. Drives well and is so smooth and quiet. I am probably going to sell my original DELUXE Wheels and BIGHORN 2 (6Ply) Tires and Wheels.
IMG 1571

IMG 1572 IMG 1570 IMG 1569 IMG 1568

mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did thisa while back and just got around to posting today while snowed in here in Arkansas. Found this console at Tractor Supply. My wife has been asking for one for a long time. The center seat belt is a perfect "retainer strap" for this console. If we need the center seat, we just unbuckle the seat belt and pull the console out. Works a treat!
66086534396  49873A22 91C0 45BF B6AF 79B3950B7C3C

Last edited:
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A center console is a much-overlooked addition to a Pioneer. It really makes all-day cruising much more comfortable. I found that my small cooler makes a great console, and I have a bluetooth stereo controller on it to change volume or song with my off hand, without taking my eyes off the trail.

I like that Tractor Supply one. If it weren't for the added factor of keeping beers cold, I'd be looking at one of those.

mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed a new TUSK UHMW Full Skid plate. As a friend said to me when riding on rough terrain, "embrace the skid plate!" I really like the extra protection that this plate gives. Getting closer to closing out my "mods" want list.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That is a great idea, installing a bilge fan, is there any chance you have any pictures of the ducting under the seat area? You have made a lot of very good modifications to your machine, thank you for sharing your project!
You don't have to do ducting unless you want to, just hang a 9 inch fan blowing out back across the headers?

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed a new TUSK UHMW Full Skid plate. As a friend said to me when riding on rough terrain, "embrace the skid plate!" I really like the extra protection that this plate gives. Getting closer to closing out my "mods" want list.
Trust me. You will never close out your mods want list.

C

Chad J

Mar 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is a very nice ride! I have been thinking of lowering the roll cage a little bit. Looks better and more proportion. Only concern that keeps me from doing it is NVG driving and when not driving under nvg’s having them flipped up might be an issue. I always like the look of those tires and wheels, but not sure when I’ll get to that. Mine are still in great shape.

D

DIRISHMAN

May 11, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Baby Gets a New Pair of Shoes! Finally got the nerve to pull the trigger on a new set of wheels and tires for my Pioneer 1000-5. Went back and forth for months debating about size, style, offset and all the other issues that we worry about. About the only thing not in question was the "Bronze" color. Landed on the System 3 SB4 Beadlock wheels and System 3 RT320 DOT 8 ply radials. Same size all around but I did go with a 6+1 offset on front and 4+3 on the rear. These offsets gave me the identical width as the stock machine in front and just a little less than stock in the rear. Now the front and rear tracks are almost identical. I like the look of a single size tire all around. Drives well and is so smooth and quiet. I am probably going to sell my original DELUXE Wheels and BIGHORN 2 (6Ply) Tires and Wheels.
View attachment 317476

View attachment 317475 View attachment 317477 View attachment 317478 View attachment 317479
Looks great. Shouldn't a 4+3 offset in the rear give you a wider stance than stock? I am doing a 3" lift on mine and trying to figure out the offset on SB-4 wheels. If I do 4+3 all the way around with 1.5" wheel spacers (rear) and 1"(front) shouldn't that give me several inches wider than stock all the way around? Thanks for the help.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
That's a great story - professionally described and photographed. I admire anyone who can do what you did and tell the story so well. You did good! Your Pioneer looks great!

Thanks for an interesting read.

mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks great. Shouldn't a 4+3 offset in the rear give you a wider stance than stock? I am doing a 3" lift on mine and trying to figure out the offset on SB-4 wheels. If I do 4+3 all the way around with 1.5" wheel spacers (rear) and 1"(front) shouldn't that give me several inches wider than stock all the way around? Thanks for the help.
Sorry for the late reply. Actually the 4-3 gives you a slightly narrowed rear track. Remember the rear wheels are 5-3 so you are actually making it more narrow. The fronts are 6-1 so same as stock and the tires are 1 inch wider on the front. The front and rear tracks are almost exactly the same. We run on a lot of really narrow trails, so this setup makes maneuvering through those spots easier. I am at 63" (more or less) front and rear. Yes, those wheel spacers will give you that extra width and stability that you desire.

I also recently removed the rear sway bar, what a difference that made on the ruts and off camber stuff. Much less "tippy" with the bar unhooked. Also cannot tell any difference on the road. Might roll just a bit more, but I will trade that any day for the stability in rough terrain.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!