GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well my reverse lights apparently went to the wrong post office, so I didn't get them today. My body panels did come today, and I was able to get them installed. I can't stress enough to people to read the instructions fully before starting! I won't get into details but suffice it to say I ended up having to use a couple drywall screws to secure a corner. I plan to use gloss red enamel model paint to paint them to make it less noticeable.

Overall though, I'm happy with them and love the way the hot rod looks. Hopefully my install was good enough and they don't go flying off on the trail somewhere!View attachment 51209 View attachment 51210
Coming together nicely!

Reactions: JailCop
JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My lights came today, so I spent my sons nap time putting those on, making sure to leave enough wire for the dump box to still function!

I found the backup alarm harness plug just under the floor board, right by the oil filters, however it was painful to try to get in there to work, but I managed. I used posi-taps to tap each line, and ran the wire along the frame. Mounting the lights was simple, I drilled a larger hole for the wires, and another hole just under the fender for the wires to come out. Wiring was simple red and black, and a blue pattern change wire since these were designed as grill lights for emergency vehicles. I set the patterns to a brake surge pattern, basically it quick flashes then goes to steady burn. The lights have a steady burn pattern but the company said it only lasts 3 second to avoid overheating.

So, now I have a nice bright set of white lights that come on when the machine is in reverse, regardless of brakes or headlights. Easy mod!

Honda32

Honda33

B

bradleystang68

Apr 28, 2017
Douglasville, Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My lights came today, so I spent my sons nap time putting those on, making sure to leave enough wire for the dump box to still function!

I found the backup alarm harness plug just under the floor board, right by the oil filters, however it was painful to try to get in there to work, but I managed. I used posi-taps to tap each line, and ran the wire along the frame. Mounting the lights was simple, I drilled a larger hole for the wires, and another hole just under the fender for the wires to come out. Wiring was simple red and black, and a blue pattern change wire since these were designed as grill lights for emergency vehicles. I set the patterns to a brake surge pattern, basically it quick flashes then goes to steady burn. The lights have a steady burn pattern but the company said it only lasts 3 second to avoid overheating.

So, now I have a nice bright set of white lights that come on when the machine is in reverse, regardless of brakes or headlights. Easy mod!

View attachment 51328
View attachment 51329

JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's been a while since my last update, had a lot on my plate! I think the Hot Rod is almost done.

I finally got some mounts made to mount my 52" lightbar where I wanted it, so I got that all mounted. As I was wiring it, I lost headlights, screen on the dash, winch, and my reverse lights. I needed to get the heat shield fix anyways, so off to the dealer it went. They figured that I overloaded the electrical system, and installed the accessory harness and cleaned up my cruddy wiring. I will not be doing any more wiring myself lol.

I was only able to snap a couple quick pics of the lightbar and mount, but man is this sumb**** bright! I'm all loaded up for our last trip to our new favorite trail system tomorrow before they close at the end of the month. If anyone wants more info on the mounts, don't hesitate to ask!

I can't think of any other mods I want to do with this in the near future, possibly the 2" highlifter lift kit over the winter.

Resized 20170926 195117

Resized 20170926 195142

D

Dasmoeturhead

What about the Big Gun Exhaust? Did you scrap that idea?
I'd like a little more sound, but not to much. I don't know why really, except I've always done some kind of mod to the exhaust.

JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What about the Big Gun Exhaust? Did you scrap that idea?
I'd like a little more sound, but not to much. I don't know why really, except I've always done some kind of mod to the exhaust.

I've tabled the exhaust for now, was going to be more than I wanted to spend since I figured I'd need the programmer with it. I would also like a bit more sound.

Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it's been a while since I updated this, because it's been a while since I was able to do anything with the hot rod. Found out in the fall that we're having twins this August, so that's been a big thing to get ready for, buying a minivan, winter, etc.

On Thursday, I order the SuperATV 3" lift for my Pioneer. Surprisingly, it arrived yesterday afternoon. So I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening installing it. I'd estimate it took me about 3 hours altogether, with interruptions and other things we had to do. It was also my first time using spring compressors, that was interesting and difficult until I figured out the best way to do it.

My only gripes with the kit is that the instructions are not entirely clear at one point where you're supposed to re-use stock hardware, and on the rear, you have to move the brake line away from the shock after you put on the new bracket, or else it'll get crushed. Maybe I didn't do something right or else it'll be fine, but it didn't seem like an ideal thing. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

As far as results, I like it. Love the better ground clearance and the CV angles don't look too bad, so I'm hoping I don't start eating axles. For $189 shipped, I'm very happy.

Honda1 Honda2

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it's been a while since I updated this, because it's been a while since I was able to do anything with the hot rod. Found out in the fall that we're having twins this August, so that's been a big thing to get ready for, buying a minivan, winter, etc.

On Thursday, I order the SuperATV 3" lift for my Pioneer. Surprisingly, it arrived yesterday afternoon. So I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening installing it. I'd estimate it took me about 3 hours altogether, with interruptions and other things we had to do. It was also my first time using spring compressors, that was interesting and difficult until I figured out the best way to do it.

My only gripes with the kit is that the instructions are not entirely clear at one point where you're supposed to re-use stock hardware, and on the rear, you have to move the brake line away from the shock after you put on the new bracket, or else it'll get crushed. Maybe I didn't do something right or else it'll be fine, but it didn't seem like an ideal thing. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

As far as results, I like it. Love the better ground clearance and the CV angles don't look too bad, so I'm hoping I don't start eating axles. For $189 shipped, I'm very happy.

View attachment 69055 View attachment 69056
My rear axles are just over 30 degrees with HL lift. Been like that for around 2 1/2 years with zero axle problems. You should be fine.
IMG 20180219 092258287 HDR

Reactions: Rambo and pct
D

DylanR

Jul 4, 2017
scottown ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the big gun 14-1692 says it fits the 16-18 models. Cant find instructions, called big gun and they are supposed to email me some. been waiting over an hour already. I cant find any info on it anywhere. may send it back.

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got the wife her bluetooth soundbar tonight, Memphis audio 20" marine grade. Got a good price on it from a local car audio place, cheapest I could find it on ebay was $460. GOt it mounted up tonight but I need more wire to run to the battery so I'll finish it up tomorrow. As always, now it's Miller time.

View attachment 50775
Thinking about the Memphis bar, any complaints or second thoughts yet?