My Idea for plow angle changer from in cab

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see how this releases the latch but I don't see how you plan to turn the blade from in the cab.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I see how this releases the latch but I don't see how you plan to turn the blade from in the cab.
I made this same thing for My fourtrax...You drop the plow and catch the edge of the snow and as you are going forward the weight of the snow allows it to push one way or the other by steering left or right.....It turns quicker then Im ready some times.you can use anything to push against plow to turn.Also will turn going backward as well...I will learn how to post videos someday and do a demonstration.....
but Im sure That it will never snow again now:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nice job. I also love watching a few scraps become something cool. Very well done nice documentation for someone looking to do the same

Reactions: swsebek
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made this same thing for My fourtrax...You drop the plow and catch the edge of the snow and as you are going forward the weight of the snow allows it to push one way or the other by steering left or right.....It turns quicker then Im ready some times.you can use anything to push against plow to turn.Also will turn going backward as well...I will learn how to post videos someday and do a demonstration.....
but Im sure That it will never snow again now:)

I assumed this but wanted to be sure as thread says "plow angle changer" thanks for the input.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I assumed this but wanted to be sure as thread says "plow angle changer" thanks for the input.
You should never assume anything with me:eek:

Reactions: ofrcboy
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
And if anyone wants to build one... I have a lot of different ways this would also work..... Napa carries these cables. The one I used is Short so I'm going tonight to get a 72" one for 48 bucks. And they sell different cable ends..I'm making one for my neighbor and he uses a cubcadet. Pm me.I would be glad to help....

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@swsebek I am not sure what you have in your town. But try a heavy duty truck shop parts supplier for these. Should be common stock for them and much cheaper than Napa.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very good idea. I contemplated this myself and was think a small electric actuator for lift but I like the mechanical cable idea better. It's tough to justify it though because this season I haven't even plowed a skiff of snow yet. Last year at this time we had over 30" in my pasture and my kid went to school 4 days the month of January. Very crazy how this year is around here.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3431
Took a couple pics of handle....fine thread 5/16 nut,2-3/8 washers,2" of 3/8 gas line,2 more 3/8 washersthat rest against a tapered rubber dust boot. The rubber boot comes on the cable.
IMG 3422
IMG 3430
Right where my finger is pointing is where it goes in the 3/4 hole I drilled under dash and in the aluminum plate I made. I probably didn't need the plate but was afraid plastic was too weak under there.I could have drilled the hole smaller but this cable was too short and I couldn't use the threaded section of the cable above my thumb..
IMG 3423
Heres the plate and hole from wheel well side.The black spot is where I wanted to drill the hole. But I don't follow my own direction either.
IMG 3424
here's the other side from under the dash.See how I'm far to the left side.Luckily it made it easier to find with hand.
IMG 3432
And here it sets Its a simple mechanism for 50 bucks.cables are cheap off Amazon.I found out on bare pavement that it turns without pushing against anything. Just drop blade and turn the wheel while moving and she turns easy...I originally posted that I was going through the grill but was worried it would catch something and break the webbing in grill So I went outside and away from shocks...This is less than fifty bucks to build.
And after I finished it tomorrow is supposed to be 55 out:D

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!