My new toy beat me to work Thursday morning

O

onlyhonda

Oct 2, 2013
Freight truck was early to the shop thurs morning. Not finished yet but this is where we made it to by 5! It was a busy day!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    662.4 KB · Views: 1,969
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nice. A good wheel set really gives it a better look. Can't wait to here your thoughts of it on the trail.

O

onlyhonda

Oct 2, 2013
Already in love after the dealer demo. Can't wait to see how it handles 27's over the stock 24s. The test ride was almost 2 months ago and it's been a long wait. Ready to get the rest of the accessories in and installed. Also a few may be interested to know I been working pretty closely with one of my suppliers on a stereo system for the 500s. More details to come.

M

michaelbach

Aug 26, 2013
I drove one with 27 inch stuck lites (mudlites) didn't really notice a difference in power.

O

onlyhonda

Oct 2, 2013
Brought her home today finally!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,785
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sweet. :cool: Looks a lot better dressed up. We defiantly want a ride report once you get it out on the trail. Speaking of trail... I need to find someone local and see if they want to go for a ride. I want to get my hands on one so bad.

M

michaelbach

Aug 26, 2013
Looks slick I got my roof today and am very happy with the fit

O

onlyhonda

Oct 2, 2013
Wind deflector, mirrors, and roof are super easy to install and remove if need be. Only downside, if you go with the wind deflector and underhood storage box, you will have to move or remove the wind deflector to access under the hood. Literally two latches, so no tools required for removal. Also have front, rear boot guards, and full underbody aluminum skids coming. I'll try to get some pics this weekend of the stuff I got so far as far as install. Thinking my front boot guards and skid plates may sneak in Friday. So may have that's to post too.

P

PioneeringMT

Aug 17, 2014
NICE RIDE!!! Onlyhonda,
Just found the forum and noticed your ride. Really nice. I have one as well, and am contemplating the larger wheels and tires as well, do you mind letting me know what size you went with, and did it help the ride? I live in the mountains of MT and am on very rocky trails. Have not had any issues with bottoming out, but the ride is really stiff for me and my 2 year old. We got rid of the RZR for the Honda, and the suspension is just not what we are used to. Not going back to Polaris though. Did the new tires and wheels make it wider than 50"? I have a lot of trails I ride where that is strictly enforced.

Thanks

advertisement
O

onlyhonda

Oct 2, 2013
PioneeringMT said:
NICE RIDE!!! Onlyhonda,
Just found the forum and noticed your ride. Really nice. I have one as well, and am contemplating the larger wheels and tires as well, do you mind letting me know what size you went with, and did it help the ride? I live in the mountains of MT and am on very rocky trails. Have not had any issues with bottoming out, but the ride is really stiff for me and my 2 year old. We got rid of the RZR for the Honda, and the suspension is just not what we are used to. Not going back to Polaris though. Did the new tires and wheels make it wider than 50"? I have a lot of trails I ride where that is strictly enforced.

Thanks
the tire sizes are 27-9-14 and 27-11-14 sti black diamonds on MSA elixir wheels. Its definitely wider than 50" but not sure exactly how wide. I've got to do a couple little projects on it this weekend ill try to get a good measurement for ya. Long story short im supposed to be getting a set of Blackwater Evo's from itp next week to test out. So that may be another good option especially for the rocks. they have a reinforced "sidewall armor" and are a 8 ply radial tire. I got a set in for stock last week and are a good looking tire.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Yea great looking ride. I'd make sure your tire pressure isn't to high, it affects the ride ALOT. I'd run about 6lbs if it was mine, just a suggestion, try it. Good Luck.

O

onlyhonda

Oct 2, 2013
I ended up switching to black water evo's 27". I been running about 7.5lbs of air in the black diamonds. Running about the same in the black waters. The black waters seem to not have the same issue in rubbing; however, haven't put forth the effort to make them either.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!