P1000 My Pioneer is turning on me!!!

I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
Alrighty so I finally got my baby back this last weekend. It was in there since the 3rd of May :(

At first they told me it was because I had used the synthetic oil. They put the standard Honda GN4 oil in it and it didn't change anything. They submitted the stuff to Honda to get it warrantied.

A person from American Honda out in Cali called me and asked me different questions about how I ride and what not. I told him everything but the changing oil part but he didn't seemed concerned about if I had done that. He was more questioning on if like I floored it in reverse while winching someone out or held it on an incline by giving it gas in gear instead of holding the break. The kinda things that actually burn up a clutch. I had not done any of those things. I've been stuck in some mud holes but didn't sit em them hammering down going back an forth. At the end of it I mentioned that I always drive in low unless I'm on the road. His reply was "Drive it how ever you like whether it be in high or low, it does not matter" I thought that was interesting.

So after they finally got the parts which were backordered, that had it back together in less than 2 days. Only the one clutch for 1st, 3rd, 5th side was burnt. They said the other one was just fine! When I picked it up they told me I need to be easier on it so that I don't burn the clutch up again!

I totally agree with them that the clutch looks like I power braked the hell out of the thing. I work at a drivetrain shop and as far as transmissions we only do manual transmissions. I've seen quite a few burnt clutches all from the person pulling an overweighted trailer and being way to hard on the vehicle. The thing is though is that I don't think I ever did anything that would have caused what it did. I'm in a sxs that I've got $18,000 invested in! I'm not just gonna rag that thing out.

So that's my clutch story. Hopefully it doesn't repeat which I don't believe it will from other peoples experiences it hasn't.

I attached a picture of my burnt clutch next to the new one.
Clutches

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Alrighty so I finally got my baby back this last weekend. It was in there since the 3rd of May :(

At first they told me it was because I had used the synthetic oil. They put the standard Honda GN4 oil in it and it didn't change anything. They submitted the stuff to Honda to get it warrantied.

A person from American Honda out in Cali called me and asked me different questions about how I ride and what not. I told him everything but the changing oil part but he didn't seemed concerned about if I had done that. He was more questioning on if like I floored it in reverse while winching someone out or held it on an incline by giving it gas in gear instead of holding the break. The kinda things that actually burn up a clutch. I had not done any of those things. I've been stuck in some mud holes but didn't sit em them hammering down going back an forth. At the end of it I mentioned that I always drive in low unless I'm on the road. His reply was "Drive it how ever you like whether it be in high or low, it does not matter" I thought that was interesting.

So after they finally got the parts which were backordered, that had it back together in less than 2 days. Only the one clutch for 1st, 3rd, 5th side was burnt. They said the other one was just fine! When I picked it up they told me I need to be easier on it so that I don't burn the clutch up again!

I totally agree with them that the clutch looks like I power braked the hell out of the thing. I work at a drivetrain shop and as far as transmissions we only do manual transmissions. I've seen quite a few burnt clutches all from the person pulling an overweighted trailer and being way to hard on the vehicle. The thing is though is that I don't think I ever did anything that would have caused what it did. I'm in a sxs that I've got $18,000 invested in! I'm not just gonna rag that thing out.

So that's my clutch story. Hopefully it doesn't repeat which I don't believe it will from other peoples experiences it hasn't.

I attached a picture of my burnt clutch next to the new one.View attachment 18237
I'm glad you have it back. There have been a couple people that had that reverse issue he talked about so that one we now take it easy. Sorry it took so long but I'm gad it's done! Doubt you'll have another problem. He wasn't at all concerned with synthetic??:):)

L

Luv4Chaos1

Aug 1, 2016
Pinckney, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone wonder why the parts were on back order???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!