My two cents

sxs2015

sxs2015

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maine USA
It is not to bad for 8,499.00
Cheep tires.Pain to shift,If your not use to it.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
When they say its a 2 seater... they should of said... Skinny man 2 seater.
hahaha.

C

Crookedcreek

Aug 25, 2014
I don't know what you consider a "fat man", but my son-in-law and I are both at about 270# and we have no problem fitting comfortably in mine. And, it idles up a pretty steep incline in low and 2nd, in two wheel drive with both of us aboard. So far, I love mine.
Now, 400# may present some problems!

Reactions: Lenny
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Crookedcreek.
We just joking around.
There is no doubt it will pull a rider no matter there size. 500 is a monster on low end.

C

Crookedcreek

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah, I took it that way, it just seemed that there was some questioning of the capability of the 500 and I wanted to say that thing has buckets of low end power and plenty of interior space. Most of the time low isn't even needed. As a matter of fact, Honda even recommends shifting out of low at 3 MPH! To me, the shifting is no pain at all (my wife can't/won't drive a stick shift car, but she actually enjoys driving the 500) and the engine braking is great.

Reactions: hambone
M

michaelbach

Aug 26, 2013
Doesn't everything come with cheap tires? And if moving your fingers is a pain to shift you've got problems

Reactions: hambone
A

ahlgringo

Apr 27, 2015
700 also doesnt have a granny gear and fails to go up steep inclines- especially at altitude here in Colorado- thats what sold me on the 500- the 50" is a bonus and opens up a bunch more trails for me. Shifting to me is fun and works flawlessly- I will give you the tires though- changed those out the first week I had it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!