BOX1

Talon My99svt's Talon

my99svt submitted a new Garage Item:

My99svt's Talon

Just creating a thread for my Talon build. It won't be in a particular order. So far I've added:
hondasxs.com key-on accessory: KEY ON POWER Harness for Honda Pioneer 1000, 700, 500, and Talon 1000.
hondasxs.com seat belt bypass: Harness accessory seatbelt bypass kit - Honda Pioneer, Honda Talon
Rigid Red Chaser light: Chase
Switch Pro modular switch controller: SP-9100 Bezel Style 8-Switch Panel Power System with Concealed Mounting Hardware
Pro Armor harnesses: 4 Point 3 Harness with Sewn in Pads | Pro Armor
Honda accessory center storage bag: Center Storage Bag

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked at the spod in the beginning, couldn’t justify the cost since my wife was a student and not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s about the footprint of a sheet of copy paper. Just too large.

Reactions: my99svt
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I like the green. Is your garage private? When I click to read more I get this...
EDE87422 83E8 4ABE AEE4 B8E42CF6B6F3

Or is the page F’d Up?

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Loving the idea of the switch pro. I a little pricey at $550, but sure would be a clean and easy install. It says that it can't be used as a winch control, any idea why? I understand not running the winch power thru it, but curious as to why the controls can't. Would be great to be able to put a winch in and winch out momentary button on it.

Did you run new power wires back to the battery or just hook to what honda provided for the winch?

Reactions: sharp and my99svt
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Same here.
I think link is messed up. I get the same error if I click on it. If I click on his name on left and then "garage page" it opens fine.

View attachment 120504
Good it’s not just me lol. I know I can be a bit forward and rub people the wrong way at times but I mean well :) haha maybe @Hondasxs can look into what’s going on with it. @Vondy ill try the way u did thanks.

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Loving the idea of the switch pro. I a little pricey at $550, but sure would be a clean and easy install. It says that it can't be used as a winch control, any idea why? I understand not running the winch power thru it, but curious as to why the controls can't. Would be great to be able to put a winch in and winch out momentary button on it.

Did you run new power wires back to the battery or just hook to what honda provided for the winch?
Yes, it is expensive, but the labor I saved not wiring all the switches was worth it. And I had credit card points on amazon so I didn't have to come out of pocket as much.
I saw that about the winch, But I planned on installing a Warn Axon 5500, and will use what comes with it. I've had issues with the switches I've used for the winch on my pioneer.
I mounted the brain by the battery, comes with 2' power cable to connect to battery. See pic for brain location next to airbox.
rlltjcsmsey1ossonrtuca-jpg.120432

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Congrats @my99svt! That is going to be an awesome machine!
Did you get the reverse light working yet?
Sort of, I couldn't find that connector so I wired a manual switch for now. I'll find that connector later and have 2 ways to turn it on.
Thanks again for your help!

Reactions: sharp
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!