Multi Need a Floor Jack - What is best for Side by Side

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am looking to buy a floor jack. Not sure what type to buy. They have the ATV/Motorcycle jacks, but not sure that would be the best. The regular floor jacks seem fine, but not sure.
What type of jack do you find to be the best for the side by side...

Reactions: sharp
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont know if its the "best" for a sxs..but it works good.
NWMDC
Floor Jack 3.5 Ton

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I bought a Harbor freight floor jack - just figure out how high you need it to lift and look at their specs
I have 2 of them. You can't beat them, there good quality and if you look you'll find them on sale and you can use the 20% off coupon in the back of
Most magazines on them as well

advertisement
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I brought it for my 50th birthday. I used it a LOT while i was building my Daihatsu rock crawler. Must have removed and reinstalled the body 100 times atleast.
Im getting to old to get up off the floor when i get down there.

J

JTW

The ideal way is called a bridge jack.. there is a track on the inside of the runners and the jack slides/rolls back and forth where needed.
IMG 5136

But there are also cheaper alternatives.. you can do with jack trays
IMG 5138

IMG 5137

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The ideal way is called a bridge jack.. there is a track on the inside of the runners and the jack slides/rolls back and forth where needed.
View attachment 52418

But there are also cheaper alternatives.. you can do with jack trays
View attachment 52420

View attachment 52419

Bridge jack... that’s what we had on ours. 2 of them. Worked ok. Somethings are still better on the 2 post racks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Deluxe700 and sharp
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Bridge jack... that’s what we had on ours. 2 of them. Worked ok. Somethings are still better on the 2 post racks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what we had when I worked at Roush. The hoist works great for heavy truck. The bridge jack Is like @nbomar said "ok" but works, you'll need a powerful 2 stage compressor to operate it under load. The worst crapy part is when you needed to work on anything that was near the Ramps the vehicle is sitting on. Bruised the hell out of my ribs or legs trying to reach those areas of the car/truck depending on the hoist position.

Reactions: Ragnar406 and sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!