P500 Need front half of ROPS

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had a little mishap with a tree on a ride a few weeks ago and the passenger side as a nice curve in it now. I have a 17 p5 anyone know where to order the front half of the ROPS? I called my dealer and they wanted 265+shipping which I really didn't think was bad. Anyone have thoughts on the price or could possibly get it cheaper. Thanks

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Had a little mishap with a tree on a ride a few weeks ago and the passenger side as a nice curve in it now. I have a 17 p5 anyone know where to order the front half of the ROPS? I called my dealer and they wanted 265+shipping which I really didn't think was bad. Anyone have thoughts on the price or could possibly get it cheaper. Thanks

A little mishap? Damn, you must've rocked it pretty good to bend that steel! That sounds like a fair price to me, but now that you're tearing into it anyway, might as well go for the chop top. :D

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Well if it's a nice curve , why not leave it OR curve the other side to match , then it would be CURVY and unique !

Reactions: rocmar and Little_g
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well if it's a nice curve , why not leave it OR curve the other side to match , then it would be CURVY and unique !
I might just leave it or maybe order the new one for a winter project. Yeah I hit that damn tree pretty hard lol I was trying to keep up in the woods and didn't turn fast enough on a tight turn ... I often thought about matching up the other side :D. It doesn't bother me I'm just curious to see what/if anything else is out there as far as price. I don't buy my machines to be a lawn ornament.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
It sounds like you ride hard. One thing to consider is that the ROPS are compromised now and may not be as strong as they once were. $265 sounds fair to me. You may ask if the dealer can put it on a stock order and save some shipping. Im not sure if honda dealers do this or not but some companies get a standard parts shipment every couple weeks or monthly and if you can wait for the parts its free freight.

Reactions: Arizona and rocmar
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It sounds like you ride hard. One thing to consider is that the ROPS are compromised now and may not be as strong as they once were. $265 sounds fair to me. You may ask if the dealer can put it on a stock order and save some shipping. Im not sure if honda dealers do this or not but some companies get a standard parts shipment every couple weeks or monthly and if you can wait for the parts its free freight.
I don't ride that hard just a little incident on this trip. That was my other thought about the ROPS. I know that if I were to roll that the passenger side is not as strong as it once was and would/could buckle if I were to roll over. I will more than likely order It. Like I said before it doesn't bother me that its bent I just worry about the safety aspect of it if something were to happen.

Reactions: rocmar
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I don't ride that hard just a little incident on this trip. That was my other thought about the ROPS. I know that if I were to roll that the passenger side is not as strong as it once was and would/could buckle if I were to roll over. I will more than likely order It. Like I said before it doesn't bother me that its bent I just worry about the safety aspect of it if something were to happen.
Yep crap happens In the blink of the eye.

Reactions: rocmar and Little_g
D

Deleted member 3748

One thing to consider is that the ROPS are compromised now and may not be as strong as they once were.

Since we're talking safety... it's the same thing with helmets. Once they take a shot they need to be replaced.

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I believe..your correct
Once bent...it has become weak..
replace your safest option...
IMO

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Rollcage in most SxS....are barley safe..
...Enough to pass safety test...I say replace
...DEADHEADINSTEAD.....doesn't ride anymore
not alot of us p5 owners/ riders...
Like to see ya...stay in our crowd...

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
HEY ! I'VE GOT IT ! TAKE ALL ROPS OFF THEN YOU WONT HIT NEXT TIME ! [HASHTAG]#DENTEDHEADINSTEAD[/HASHTAG]
Now that would be a neat looking mod! Anyone have pix of that?!

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
She's got curves :D

IMG 0284 IMG 0285

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Are you sure that won't rub out?

While you are deciding what to do, make sure the ROPS bolts are tight.
If they moved from the impact they can lose torque.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Are you sure that won't rub out?

While you are deciding what to do, make sure the ROPS bolts are tight.
If they moved from the impact they can lose torque.
Never even thought to check that! Gonna do that right now. THANKS!

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Check the OEM Section of RMATV.
Will do some research on this later this weekend.

On another note it has not been my year with this machine. Both my headlights have water in them and the one bulb blew due to it being hot and the water. The other one doesn't have as much water in it but I'm just waiting for that one to blow. Waiting to hear if they are going to warranty them or not. In my opinion they should. Had my other machine 2 years and never a problem with water in the headlights.

IMG 0292 IMG 0293 IMG 0297 IMG 0298

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Will do some research on this later this weekend.

On another note it has not been my year with this machine. Both my headlights have water in them and the one bulb blew due to it being hot and the water. The other one doesn't have as much water in it but I'm just waiting for that one to blow. Waiting to hear if they are going to warranty them or not. In my opinion they should. Had my other machine 2 years and never a problem with water in the headlights.

View attachment 50953 View attachment 50954 View attachment 50955 View attachment 50956

I'd drill a hole in the bottom somewhere to let it out.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!