sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, we sold our travel trailer and purchased a Class C MH. My problem is my driveway is quite sloped with approx 17" of difference front to back to make level.

Ideas to make up this difference so we can run the fridge and get the slides out to pack and clean.

We need it to be sturdy and safe.

I've thought about using a 12" block under each rear leveling jack, it has auto leveling.
I've thought about making a ramp and driving up, not backing up.

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
Don’t buy the plastic leveling blocks to use , they are not sturdy enough to use under the hydraulic jack . I use 12 x12 3/4 inch plywood screwed together to make it a little over a inch and place them under my jacks when I am way off level on my class A. You can stack all the way up to the jack should give you close to level .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
you could run blocks for the jacks but id run a set of car ramps to get close to level and put the engine or (front) on the low side so the brakes are on solid ground. something like this

OxGord RV Camper Leveler Ramps (Pack of 2) Leveling Blocks for Travel Trailer Levelers for RVS Campers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072MS1YVM/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a 28' class c, I went to back them up some metal ramps and it flattened them lol. The composite ones under the front tires will get you close. But 17" is a lot to just leave it on the self levelers alone. I would build some ramps out of wood then use the leveling system to sturdy it up.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We used 2x12 blocks under the levelers, and would use 2 of them as a ramp under the wheels.

17” is a LOT for that kind of weight.

Glad to hear you’ve got a MH now

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good ideas, thanks guys.

Yeah, that’s a lot of weight for the levelers alone, which is why I’m trying to get some ideas.

I’m also afraid of having the engine down hill and as it levels will the tail end get smashed?

Reactions: pct and BWAF
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
88C192B2 9ACE 455E ABFD 4D48828C0390

J

JTW

But in all seriousness.. I wouldn’t like it parked like that either. Maybe do a retaining wall and flatten the drive. I think you’re looking for trouble if you try to level it using the jacks and blocks or even ramps.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Build a new place, hell your a doctor ain't ya? On the bright side, now you got the ultimate toyhauler you'll never have a legitimate reason you cant meet us to ride!

Ha, Ha!! yeah, I guess that's one way to look at it.

Reactions: BWAF and Plumber32
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You could build a big solid ramp to back it up on but I wouldn't do it.

I would cut the concrete at the line where the back tires are are tear out the back section. Then build or pour a retaining wall and bring that section up to level and pour a new slab.

Then if you back the tires near the end of the concrete it shouldn't take too much to level it out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

You could build a big solid ramp to back it up on but I wouldn't do it.

I would cut the concrete at the line where the back tires are are tear out the back section. Then build or pour a retaining wall and bring that section up to level and pour a new slab.

Then if you back the tires near the end of the concrete it shouldn't take too much to level it out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Why tear it out.. just fill over the slab.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Can't wait to see this rig. I'm very qurious about the leveling system. That's one thing on my list of upgrades.

Reactions: BWAF and Remington
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honestly the guys have it right. That’s a big slope to level out on.

The only way to remotely do it would be a series of 2x12s and increment up every 1.5’ or so. You’ll need 11 boards per side and the first would need to be 17’ or so and each could be glued and screwed to each other. IE one big ass heavy ramp per side.

Never mind that entry may be a bit challenging.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't wait to see this rig. I'm very qurious about the leveling system. That's one thing on my list of upgrades.

It is a 12 volt run, hydraulic system. 1 push of a button and will level automatically or you can do it manually. Need to be pretty level initially and have a good solid foundation under you or it won't work well. It's nice and quick. Only problem is have to have engine on.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!