Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Why tear it out.. just fill over the slab.

You could pour over the existing slab with regular concrete until you get to the thin ramped area. Anything less than 2" will pop but they do make a product that can be poured thin. It's expensive but won't just crumble like anything else.

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
J

JTW

If it were me I’d.. use landscaping blocks to build up my retaining wall and then back fill with gravel over the existing slab. Then pour a new slab meeting the existing drive.

Reactions: Remington and BWAF
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
That is too steep and in the wrong direction if yours is like mine.
You need the rear wheels contacting the ground or you don't have any braking at all!

Your manual will tell you not to completely lift it off all 4 tires. In fact, they expect you add blocks like you are discussing
so you have contact on all 4.

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If it were me I’d.. use landscaping blocks to build up my retaining wall and then back fill with gravel over the existing slab. Then pour a new slab meeting the existing drive.
That's what I said!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Frankly
Don't do anything.
Chock all four tires and don't stress over it.
Have a beer, let's ride.

Reactions: BWAF
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could you use semi ramps like these or would they be bad on tires in the long run? HEAVY DUTY SEMI TRUCK SERVICE RAMPS - HOT DIPPED GALVANIZED

Yowza!! That seems to be the ticket. Not sure the boss will go for that and not sure how I'll get them, but it's worth investigating. Thanks Kilo!!

I think they'd be hard on tires if you left it there all the time, but really I'd need them for getting the slides out and running the fridge for a day to get ready for a trip. Then I could pull out and leave. Maybe even put plywood on them, cut to fit to keep the tires from getting between the rungs.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yowza!! That seems to be the ticket. Not sure the boss will go for that and not sure how I'll get them, but it's worth investigating. Thanks Kilo!!

I think they'd be hard on tires if you left it there all the time, but really I'd need them for getting the slides out and running the fridge for a day to get ready for a trip. Then I could pull out and leave. Maybe even put plywood on them, cut to fit to keep the tires from getting between the rungs.
Yea I was going to say bolt some 3/4" plywood on top to help save tires. Make sure if you do its attached. I'd hate to see you go skidding off the other side.....

You could potentially even bolt them down to the concrete. They look to be the most cost effective solution thus far.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
yeah could use some inset thread concrete anchors to keep it from moving around, just bolt it in when in use and take out bolts when done with minimal impact on appearance of driveway.

Reactions: sugarray and BWAF
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015

lol i didn't realize where they were made until I saw they are in imboden AR only about 1 hour away from me.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
0EB6A54C 2C9B 4D88 8952 905BD40720D2

So, we got it levelish by turning across driveway. Fridge running and pulled smaller slide out and loaded. Put leveling jacks down to just touching to give it some support. I’ll make some better steps/ramps from 2x10’s later, but this is working!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!