Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, I'm adding some stuff to the buggy, 8" under seat fan and 4 -4" cube lights (2 on back and 2 on front) I've got a fuse block with ground and a 6 panel switch to turn them on/off was not going to do a second battery but then decided it would be better if I did. I will be wiring it so the switch panel will only work when key is on. My question is do I really need a second battery? The only other power accessory I have is my winch. Not really planning on adding anything else other than what's listed above. This is the battery I'm using and the solenoid what isolater kit do I need and is that all I need to make this happen? Wife wants to know where does it end?!?!?
Of course I gave the only logical answer... it doesn't. Lil help please, with the battery thing not the wife😁
IMG 0163
IMG 0164

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, I'm adding some stuff to the buggy, 8" under seat fan and 4 -4" cube lights (2 on back and 2 on front) I've got a fuse block with ground and a 6 panel switch to turn them on/off was not going to do a second battery but then decided it would be better if I did. I will be wiring it so the switch panel will only work when key is on. My question is do I really need a second battery? The only other power accessory I have is my winch. Not really planning on adding anything else other than what's listed above. This is the battery I'm using and the solenoid what isolater kit do I need and is that all I need to make this happen? Wife wants to know where does it end?!?!?
Of course I gave the only logical answer... it doesn't. Lil help please, with the battery thing not the wife😁View attachment 200780View attachment 200781
I would add a second battery for the winch even if you didnt add anything else. Winches draw ALOT of power.

I have everything aftermarket on my second battery. My oem battery functions just like it would in a non modified rig. In addition, I keep a set of short jumper cables in case my oem battery takes a crap. I can jump myself off.

I think most use the True isolator. They are sold in the club store, fyi.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would add a second battery for the winch even if you didnt add anything else. Winches draw ALOT of power.

I have everything aftermarket on my second battery. My oem battery functions just like it would in a non modified rig. In addition, I keep a set of short jumper cables in case my oem battery takes a crap. I can jump myself off.

I think most use the True isolator. They are sold in the club store, fyi.
Thanks for the input, I was going to order the isolator from the store just want to get the right one.

Reactions: Hondoman
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
TRUE UTV-SBI-15 Isolator
Or the full blown True kit

Reactions: Ridinfool
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I might have the 18 model

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I might have the 18 model

I just ordered that from hondasxs, thanks👍

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Great information. Thanks for the post.
Also, take into consideration how you wire up your system. If you use a stinger to provide power from a second battery, then you can skip installing the relay part of the isolator kit. Just hook 1 line to the feed AFTER the stinger and the other line to a key-on source.

G

gearguywb

Jul 21, 2019
Kansas City
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just ordered the mighty max for a second battery and will be ordering the complete kit from here. Also picked up a Blue Sea fuse block. Anyone have a diagram (or even a pic or two) of how they wired all of that together.

My plan is to leave the OEM battery just for running the rig, winch, street legal ket, acc. power etc all to the fuse block, powered from the second battery

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finished up the diagram of my system that i started a while ago.
Im sure this has been done before, and the diagram is not 100% complete, but here it is.
I have a second battery w a True Isolator (complete kit w dual volt meter) and I am also using a stinger 200A relay to switch my power feed to the fuse block. I added a DPDT 3 position (ON/OFF/ON) switch (OTRATTW) to switch between accessory power always on and accessory power on with the key and no accessory power. This switch feeds an "Accessory Bus" that feeds all the small stuff on the dash and also turns on the stinger to provide power to the fuse block.

So far I really like the ability to switch the accessory power. If I am in and out of the buggy a lot i can switch to always on and not interrupt the stereo every time i stop and start. Most other times i just leave it in keyed power mode.

If you dont want the switch the diagram is still basically valid, just eliminate the always on power wire and feed everything with the key on power.
the harness at the club store is a good way to get key on power.
KEY ON POWER Harness for Honda Pioneer

A couple of extra notes:
The Axon winch has an internal relay, so your winch wiring will be a little different.
I should put a fuse in the main that feeds the fuse block, I just haven't done it yet.
I used 6AWG wire for all of the main wiring, it is shown thicker in the diagram.

Good Luck!

Wiring Diagram

Attachments

• Wiring Diagram.pdf
    70.8 KB · Views: 170
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Im sure this has been done before, and the diagram is not 100% complete, but here it is.
I have a second battery w a True Isolator (complete kit w dual volt meter) and I am also using a stinger 200A relay to switch my power feed to the fuse block. I added a DPDT 3 position (ON/OFF/ON) switch (OTRATTW) to switch between accessory power always on and accessory power on with the key and no accessory power. This switch feeds an "Accessory Bus" that feeds all the small stuff on the dash and also turns on the stinger to provide power to the fuse block.

So far I really like the ability to switch the accessory power. If I am in and out of the buggy a lot i can switch to always on and not interrupt the stereo every time i stop and start. Most other times i just leave it in keyed power mode.

If you dont want the switch the diagram is still basically valid, just eliminate the always on power wire and feed everything with the key on power.

A couple of extra notes:
The Axon winch has an internal relay, so your winch wiring will be a little different.
I should put a fuse in the main that feeds the fuse block, I just haven't done it yet.
I used 6AWG wire for all of the main wiring, it is shown thicker in the diagram.

Good Luck!

View attachment 201206
Thats pretty dang nice! I've been studying up on wiring so can some what do mine soon. Do you have individual relays for the accessories?

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

A couple of extra notes:

Good Luck!

View attachment 201206
AAAAAAAWWWWWEEEEESSSSOOOOMMMMEEE!!!!🤩🤩

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!