P1000 Need info/input to make knowledgeable decision

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems that would leave the back narrower than the front????
We are in the desert and personally that is what I have as a set up. A huge difference in handling it. but yes it is by 1/2" on each side. That is why we offer the ultra wide track bundle and the Extra wide track bundle depending on where you ride and your set up. Our wide track is the most popular 1" in front 1 1/2 "on the back the extra wide is the 1" front 2" on back.

Reactions: BigOL3 and sharp
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
J

JTW

Good info. I'm going to get the 28" evos on my stock 12" wheels. If i have any issue with the stock wheels, I'm gonna get the 12" beadlocks. I've been reading post for almost a year now and I like how u go from off the wall s***, to being a dick, to good solid helpful info. Lol
Well, the key is to make sure you firmly grasp the base of the shaft before you start shoving the bb’s down the hole. That insures you don’t shoot off in the wrong direction!

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
This is what I'm running.

Wheels.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B017OF96G2/?tag=sxsweb24-20

These on rear.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07527CG52/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Tires.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07NGJRFBZ/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Thanks to @Average_Joe

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 30x10x14 Evos measure 28.5” at 10psi off the machine which will fit without arched arms. You can inflate them to the max pressure on the side of the tire and leave them there for about a week and they will be at 30” at @10psi. Gives you a choice.

But for 30’s you will need arched arms or the softball, with the softball you won’t need the steering stops like the arched arms.

1”F/2”R spacers are nice, at first I thought they were nothing but for looks but I have dual beadlocks and the front were rubbing on the arched arms under compression. So I bought a f/r set from members at 2018 Takeover it actually does make the machine more stable... It’s 69.5” wide vs 67.5 at its widest with just tires/wheels but far more stable.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: russknight
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 30x10x14 Evos measure 28.5” at 10psi off the machine which will fit without arched arms. You can inflate them to the max pressure on the side of the tire and leave them there for about a week and they will be at 30” at @10psi. Gives you a choice.

But for 30’s you will need arched arms or the softball, with the softball you won’t need the steering stops like the arched arms.

1”F/2”R spacers are nice, at first I thought they were nothing but for looks but I have dual beadlocks and the front were rubbing on the arched arms under compression. So I bought a f/r set from members at 2018 Takeover it actually does make the machine more stable... It’s 69.5” wide vs 67.5 at its widest with just tires/wheels but far more stable.
Does the softball trick require only a SLIGHT indention of 1/2" or so? Will 'area' be only 1 softball big, or several softballs wide and tall? Does that have an adverse effect on weakening the wheel well plastic?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the softball trick require only a SLIGHT indention of 1/2" or so? Will 'area' be only 1 softball big, or several softballs wide and tall? Does that have an adverse effect on weakening the wheel well plastic?

No idea I put arched arm on mine, as long as you only get it warm enough to make it pliable it won’t hurt it but if you melt it it’s going to make it brittle there’s always that risk.

Reactions: BigOL3
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do those 15s make for a pretty rough ride? They all seem cheap enough, but wheels do not appear to be beadlocks.
15" wheels with 28" tires make for a rough ride in my opinion - When I first started I had that set up and really did not know what I was missing until I went with 14" wheels and 30's.

Your getting a lot of opinions here and I am sure more to come. For me tires are hard to get any kind of read on until you see them work in person or know the guy and his riding style to relate his opinion to.

You have gotten a lot of good advice above and I am sure it will not make your decision any easier lol. The one thing I did not see mentioned is tires usually come with a rounded edge (terrabites, pro armor) or Squared off edge (rocktane, berzerkers, motoclaw). in my experience you run a greater risk of the fronts rubbing a little with the Squarer profile tire. I am not saying go buy them and go that way but just know that you may have to make some adjustments (lift or softball heat).

As to the arched a arms - I really like them as while they do not give you lift they do give you more clearance with the change in profile, they are more stout and also allow for camber adjustment with different set ups.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like everything about them except the price. Will call them today to see if they go on sale anytime soon.
Let me know what you find. I currently have 15 inch rims with 28" tires. While it looks cool it is considerably rougher riding. I am going to use that set up around home but for trail rides I'm going to a 28" tire on 12" rims. Probably sti beadlocks. I'll most likely get berserkers for tires.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Do those 15s make for a pretty rough ride? They all seem cheap enough, but wheels do not appear to be beadlocks.

Actually, I have not ridden it yet. Doing quite a bit of stuff to it. @Average_Joe would be the guy to ask about the ride quality. Most of my riding is done on graded dirt and limerock roads with street use as well, so no need for beadlocks.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you know of anyone that actually did that mod?

I remember people doing it on the 700 to be able to fit 30’s but I don’t remember who. You can also use a clean garden spade or trench shovel you get a smoother finish. The metal will absorb the heat and cool it down quicker so you don’t have to hold it as long but you have to make sure the plastic is pliable with something that absorbs heat slowly first like a softball or welders glove.

I would do the arched arms they are stronger than factory and you don’t lose foot room.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!