Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've Ben wanting to upgrade my OEM shocks on my P1K5 for a while now, and it's time. I'm tired of getting the crap beat out of me on any trail I go to and bottoming out like an sob. I've done some research on here about fox, Ella, and Walker Evans. Although the threads all have good things to say, I'm a bit confused on what's the best to buy because of the money invested. I've only ben on fox equipped machines (not Hondas) before and it's night and day. I would like to know just a bit more on what you guys have, witch stage to get and best bang for the Big bucks. Thanks friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Add spacers to your shocks. I did and love it. @GlockMeister did too. A lot cheaper. Only thing is you can't adjust your shocks but I don't think these guys with deep pockets adjust there's anyway. Try it first. 3/4 in X 2 in spacers on front and 3/4 in X 3 in spacers on back if you want to do the rear too. I didn't because I don't need it. Schedule 80 iron pipe for spacers

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Add spacers to your shocks. I did and love it. @GlockMeister did too. A lot cheaper. Only thing is you can't adjust your shocks but I don't think these guys with deep pockets adjust there's anyway. Try it first. 3/4 in X 2 in spacers on front and 3/4 in X 3 in spacers on back if you want to do the rear too. I didn't because I don't need it. Schedule 80 iron pipe for spacers

Is anybody making these and got them for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

I've seen the post on doing that. I was intrigued. It's definitely an option. I Still want to gather some opinions on the aftermarket shocks though. The sandy trails up in michigan are major ripple washboard bumpy ride, and miles of that at 35-45 mph beat the snot out of you, and I think the aftermarket shocks would help cushion that ride more.

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've seen the post on doing that. I was intrigued. It's definitely an option. I Still want to gather some opinions on the aftermarket shocks though. The sandy trails up in michigan are major ripple washboard bumpy ride, and miles of that at 35-45 mph beat the snot out of you, and I think the aftermarket shocks would help cushion that ride more.

Orrrrrrrr slow down

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Orrrrrrrr slow down

Its the poo poo's that need to slow down up here, they go 60 easy on our long straight trails. With the wash boards and short wheel base, people would loose dentures if they go too slow! Lol

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Remington I contemplated fox shocks for 3 years and I did the spacers and they were ok for small bumps but the ride still was missing something....The fox shocks made my 1880 lb. pig feel light on her feet and a good handling rig .1000 bucks well spent....

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Remington I contemplated fox shocks for 3 years and I did the spacers and they were ok for small bumps but the ride still was missing something....The fox shocks made my 1880 lb. pig feel light on her feet and a good handling rig .1000 bucks well spent....

Thank you for your input on that. What stage are your fox shocks? I can't remember if they have different stages to choose from or if they come as one type?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you for your input on that. What stage are your fox shocks? I can't remember if they have different stages to choose from or if they come as one type?

One type for the Pioneer 700. Your 1000 will probably only need the fronts replaced

Reactions: sharp and Remington
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have no experience with modifying to the spacers but I did upgrade to the Fox shocks in my P1k-5 and I have never regretted it. I could tell an immediate difference in ride quality - while it is hard to explain the shocks seem to get rid of that second bounce you get when going over a rocky area.
My wife - who had only ridden twice on trails with me prior noticed and mentioned the difference first time she rode after installing the shocks. I have been very happy with them - look around too because you can get them as low as 1200 to 1300 for a set of 4 - it is a lot of money but for me it has made the ride so much more enjoyable

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't have very deep pockets, I saved my allowance for almost a year and sold a 94 CR 250 to buy the Stage 5's. I do adjust mine. I'm having a hard time on deciding the spring tension on the fuel side, do I want to set it for 1/2 fuel load or full? Next will be rebound, I think I want a quicker return in the rocks. I carry the instructions with me when I ride to make trail side adjustments. I think the Elkas Stage 5's or the Walkers are unnecessary if you don't ride really hard. Honda should have put spring adjustments on all there shocks

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have no experience with modifying to the spacers but I did upgrade to the Fox shocks in my P1k-5 and I have never regretted it. I could tell an immediate difference in ride quality - while it is hard to explain the shocks seem to get rid of that second bounce you get when going over a rocky area.
My wife - who had only ridden twice on trails with me prior noticed and mentioned the difference first time she rode after installing the shocks. I have been very happy with them - look around too because you can get them as low as 1200 to 1300 for a set of 4 - it is a lot of money but for me it has made the ride so much more enjoyable
How adjustable are the Fox's, do you have rebound and compression?

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How adjustable are the Fox's, do you have rebound and compression?
You have a choice of three settings firm, med and soft as well as ability to set preload. they don't have as much adjustment as others but that is fine with me at $1,275 for all 4.

I honestly don't know enough about shocks and how they work to articulate the difference I feel comparing these to the stock shocks.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You have a choice of three settings firm, med and soft as well as ability to set preload. they don't have as much adjustment as others but that is fine with me at $1,275 for all 4.

I honestly don't know enough about shocks and how they work to articulate the difference I feel comparing these to the stock shocks.
I'm a ole dirt biker, I like to tinker, HA!

Reactions: Ragnar406
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Then you made the perfect choice, way better than the stockers!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm a ole dirt biker, I like to tinker, HA!
Yep - if I knew more I would have looked at the elkas - I am like that when I work on my guns - I can tell you what I like in different triggers so I like to adjust my own but in the beginning I was better off with simple

Then you made the perfect choice, way better than the stockers!
I just didn't believe the difference aftermarket shocks could make - heck after I rode on my foxes I started wondering how much better aftermarket shocks would make my truck feel

What are the thoughts on the new Polaris fox electronic shocks? - neat concept

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep - if I knew more I would have looked at the elkas - I am like that when I work on my guns - I can tell you what I like in different triggers so I like to adjust my own but in the beginning I was better off with simple

I just didn't believe the difference aftermarket shocks could make - heck after I rode on my foxes I started wondering how much better aftermarket shocks would make my truck feel

What are the thoughts on the new Polaris fox electronic shocks? - neat concept
The stock shocks wear out very quickly, I can notice the difference at 10,000 miles on my 17 Toyota

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!