New 1000x-4 owner

M

Moog5050

Feb 6, 2022
Rochester
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
So I bought a new 2021 1000x-4 se about 3 weeks ago. Been too snowy and cold to really run it. But I checked all fluids, tightened the clamps holding the intake hoses to throttle body and tried shifting through the gears from park to reverse to high and low. It all seemed to run smooth. I did have the dealer adjust the shift cable before pick up but it seems to properly engage in every position. Anything I am missing before running her when weather cooperates?

M

Moog5050

Feb 6, 2022
Rochester
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Lol. Here is the pick up pic

34A46F87 E121 4024 A11D 5E52C2B11D1C

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hey congrats! There's a main thread showing things you should do/tighten/adjust somewhere around here. I'll look for it and link you!

New Talon Owners - First Things to Know and Check

Where you from, you said NE? I'm in PA, south west.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

M

Moog5050

Feb 6, 2022
Rochester
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Hey congrats! There's a main thread showing things you should do/tighten/adjust somewhere around here. I'll look for it and link you!

New Talon Owners - First Things to Know and Check

Where you from, you said NE? I'm in PA, south west.

Rochester area of NY. I hear PA had some solid trails.

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Rochester area of NY. I hear PA had some solid trails.
Welcome to the club man!

Eastern/Central PA has a ton, pretty good amount here too.

Things I've done that I'd recommend.

Kwt particle separator (stock filter sucks and it's expensive to change)
Tree kickers (saves your plastics/body and allows you to be faster in the tight woods)
32" tires (ground clearance!)
Windshield w/ a wiper
Winch
Cargo box
Turbo
Sound system
Lights and or whips (easier to see you)
Side mirrors
Backup camera (I can link/provide more info). Mine stays on full time and runs to a monitor inside so I can see behind me all the time.

Not in any specific order. Depending on what kind of riding you do, tree kickers are a huge life saver! 32s are important for ground clearance too.

Here's my 2021 fox live valve, I have a turbo on order and waiting for it's delivery (and I'm beyond geeked for it)

80f2cce02291cd3de344352ec8bb4186A005e317460cecb549a15b84e28c6c7a

M

Moog5050

Feb 6, 2022
Rochester
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Welcome to the club man!

Eastern/Central PA has a ton, pretty good amount here too.

Things I've done that I'd recommend.

Kwt particle separator (stock filter sucks and it's expensive to change)
Tree kickers (saves your plastics/body and allows you to be faster in the tight woods)
32" tires (ground clearance!)
Windshield w/ a wiper
Winch
Cargo box
Turbo
Sound system
Lights and or whips (easier to see you)
Side mirrors
Backup camera (I can link/provide more info). Mine stays on full time and runs to a monitor inside so I can see behind me all the time.

Not in any specific order. Depending on what kind of riding you do, tree kickers are a huge life saver! 32s are important for ground clearance too.

Here's my 2021 fox live valve, I have a turbo on order and waiting for it's delivery (and I'm beyond geeked for it)

View attachment 322125View attachment 322126

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapa
Awesome ride. Whig I tree kickers are you running? I like that idea.

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Awesome ride. Whig I tree kickers are you running? I like that idea.
Thanks bro, I bought her in May last year...and let me tell you it's easy to dump a ton of money into them.

These guys are in bruceton mills WV, they do ship but it's a bit pricy to ship as they're massive. One of my favorite mods, if you're in tight woods it protects your buggy! Also helps when you roll her over (yes it'll happen, rolled mine already).

M

Moog5050

Feb 6, 2022
Rochester
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Thanks bro, I bought her in May last year...and let me tell you it's easy to dump a ton of money into them.

These guys are in bruceton mills WV, they do ship but it's a bit pricy to ship as they're massive. One of my favorite mods, if you're in tight woods it protects your buggy! Also helps when you roll her over (yes it'll happen, rolled mine already).

Thanks. Maybe I have to bring her down to pick some up and ride. I heard WV had some great public trails!

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thanks. Maybe I have to bring her down to pick some up and ride. I heard WV had some great public trails!
We got a couple spots here man, I usually take my wife and kids out too...just depends where we ride. Some spots aren't exactly family friendly...rough terrian etc.

Hit me up if you're down this way, I've been eyeing up some trails in WV!

Clearfield (pa) has a ton of riding spots too. We plan to hit Hatfield and McCoy this year, that's a huge trail in WV that is well known.

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I will say, tires (32s) and tree kickers were a huge sigh of relief on the trails. I no longer bottom out as much, and I'm not as worried about smashing up the side of it. Those tree kickers on mine are the original, they now have a low profile which I've never seen in person. These are probably two of the best mods for comfortable riding in my opinion, keeps your mind at ease when you have little concerns about smashing it off a tree!

M

Moog5050

Feb 6, 2022
Rochester
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
We got a couple spots here man, I usually take my wife and kids out too...just depends where we ride. Some spots aren't exactly family friendly...rough terrian etc.

Hit me up if you're down this way, I've been eyeing up some trails in WV!

Clearfield (pa) has a ton of riding spots too. We plan to hit Hatfield and McCoy this year, that's a huge trail in WV that is well known.

Will do. I really bought this to get the whole new blended family out. Wife plus 4 kids (already have a cam am outlander limited max so we can do 6 people). I heard about the hatfield and McCoy trail! That looks really good. I am new to public trails but will get over it.

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Will do. I really bought this to get the whole new blended family out. Wife plus 4 kids (already have a cam am outlander limited max so we can do 6 people). I heard about the hatfield and McCoy trail! That looks really good. I am new to public trails but will get over it.
Man there's a ton of trails and clubs, it's a blast. Sounds like you're all set man, you're going to love it, it's a great machine.

Couple other things I'd look at...

Back up camera (hardwire dont do wireless)
Fuseblock is amazing (You have a live feed for a winch to the hood by the way, if you have questions let me know)

Another thing, gas cans...

Sorry man, I am just blasting you with things left and right!

I just helped you spend a solid 14k in upgrades lol

Edit: 4-5 point harnesses are huge too, they are great to have.

M

Moog5050

Feb 6, 2022
Rochester
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Man there's a ton of trails and clubs, it's a blast. Sounds like you're all set man, you're going to love it, it's a great machine.

Couple other things I'd look at...

Back up camera (hardwire dont do wireless)
Fuseblock is amazing (You have a live feed for a winch to the hood by the way, if you have questions let me know)

Another thing, gas cans...

Sorry man, I am just blasting you with things left and right!

I just helped you spend a solid 14k in upgrades lol

Edit: 4-5 point harnesses are huge too, they are great to have.
I appreciated all of the insight. Little by little. Funny thing is that I posted on talonsxs forum and got no response in 3 weeks. Ha. This is more like the Ford raptor forum - friendlier.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!