P1000 New 1k-5, No Power?

Rincon

Rincon

Jul 27, 2017
Yuba City, North California.State Of Jefferson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So excited that I picked up my new machine this past Saturday, my son's put 4 miles on it giving the neighborhood kids rides up and down the street in turf mode! Well, I took it up to check my trail cameras yesterday, ran great. I had my two son's and their buddy along for the initial test run. We went about 20 miles in, then had to use 4L and 4wdDiff Lock to get over a fallen tree about 12" diameter. I have been riding my 680 Rincon in the Western Sierras for a decade now, cross logs like that all the time.........no problem. Well as soon as I was over the log, didn't seemed high centered, but went to stab the throttle to get the rear tires over it and it just bogged down.......no tire spin, just bogged? I have ridden in my Brother's 2016 1000-5 and it rips? What happened? Is there some kind of default program for under 100 miles that keeps it from giving full power? Forgive my ignorance, but this is my first SxS.

Reactions: uconn411 and sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope nothing to govern it under 100 miles. I accidentally banged the rev limiter on mine before it had 2 hours on it lol. Is the MIL flashing when it does this or does dash look normal?

Reactions: sharp
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I know the first run on mine it sacred me. I took of and it bogged down at about 10mph. This fourm saved me, i remimber reading some have a similer problem on there new rig.;)

Rincon

Rincon

Jul 27, 2017
Yuba City, North California.State Of Jefferson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seat belt trick was discovered 2 minutes after my 16 year old son drove it. Bad Gas.............maybe..............but I doubt it, Sinclair station that is shopped regularly and 91 octane was used. The machine seemed like it had plenty of power everywhere else, except in that one situation.

Reactions: sharp
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
So excited that I picked up my new machine this past Saturday, my son's put 4 miles on it giving the neighborhood kids rides up and down the street in turf mode! Well, I took it up to check my trail cameras yesterday, ran great. I had my two son's and their buddy along for the initial test run. We went about 20 miles in, then had to use 4L and 4wdDiff Lock to get over a fallen tree about 12" diameter. I have been riding my 680 Rincon in the Western Sierras for a decade now, cross logs like that all the time.........no problem. Well as soon as I was over the log, didn't seemed high centered, but went to stab the throttle to get the rear tires over it and it just bogged down.......no tire spin, just bogged? I have ridden in my Brother's 2016 1000-5 and it rips? What happened? Is there some kind of default program for under 100 miles that keeps it from giving full power? Forgive my ignorance, but this is my first SxS.
Try going over it again and don't stop any and try some steep hills if it bogs down then take it back.

Reactions: Rincon and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!