P1000 New battery

S

slick330

Mar 3, 2018
Buckatunna MS
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I need a new battery for my pioneer. What is the best replacement battery for the stock battery? Im not running dual batteries as of yet but just need to know what fits in the stock slot for the primary battery.

Reactions: Lady01
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I need a new battery for my pioneer. What is the best replacement battery for the stock battery? Im not running dual batteries as of yet but just need to know what fits in the stock slot for the primary battery.
There are quite a few so called brands out there but only a few company's that actually make batteries. Stay away from lithium. Just a standard acid battery will do. I buy Exide or Interstate. If u take the number iff your stock battery youll be able to find a Souter for replacement.

lomax

lomax

Apr 28, 2021
Denver Colorado
I have used Motobatt on several of my motorcycles and have had very good luck with them. I just dropped one in the spare battery slot this weekend just to be used as a jumper just in case. There is so much room in there i may actually put in a larger one.

Reactions: Lady01
Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are quite a few so called brands out there but only a few company's that actually make batteries. Stay away from lithium. Just a standard acid battery will do. I buy Exide or Interstate. If u take the number iff your stock battery youll be able to find a Souter for replacement.

Why do you suggest availing lithium batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Why do you suggest availing lithium batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If u use a stnd battery as ur secondary with an isolator it dosnt play well with others. Some have had other issues with them in the honda when they discharge. They also dont like trickle/float chargers especially with a secondary battery set up. There are a few other issues i cant recall of people having them in the honda and other machines that wasn't good.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Get sealed acid battery make sure the terminals are on the correct side

Reactions: Remington